Need Advice...

ericafny

<font color=purple>OK, I am a real Harry Potter ge
My friend lost her mother 6 months ago to pancreatic cancer and she is still coping with the loss. Does anyone have any advice on how I can help her get through mother's day this year? Christmas and Easter were really difficult for her but I am thinking mother's day is going to be even worse..

Oh.. I am so sorry to read this. I am sure Mother's day will be tough for her, maybe take her somewhere for the day. Maybe to the seashore or somewhere where people are not celebrating, in your face kind of thing, Mother's Day. Maybe, if it is a nice day, pack a lunch and just sit somewhere you can talk and enjoy the day.

If it is not a nice day, yikes... maybe go to a museum or just somewhere she will not have to be with all the other Moms celebrating their special day with their families.. Also, she may want to go to cemetary, if her Mom has been buried, and you might want to do that with her if she wants company..

It is a tough one, I wish I had more suggestions, truly when my Mom died, that first Mother's Day was so hard, but I had my children and I was their Mom so I kept myself in check..

Hope others have some good ideas here.

I have expierenced what your friend is living. It has been 17 months since my mom passes away with small cell lung cancer. It took her three and a half months after the diagnoses was made. Holidays are hard. I have to remember she would want us to go on. However on mother day I sent flowers to her grave. It was a very hard day. Just be there for her and tell you love her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter