Need birthday ideas for 5 yo newbie

lynn71092

DIS Veteran
One of the people here at work will be taking their family to Disney for the 1st time in September. His son will turn 5 when he's there and he would like ideas on what to do to make his birthday special while he's there. Besides the birthday button what other ideas do you have? He's thinking also about a charachter meal on his birthday. Help please!!:cake:

A character meal is a great suggestion. Have it noted on the reservation and they will do something a little special for him. Definitely get the bday button. It's fun to hear Happy Bday from all the CMs. MNSSHP has plenty of dates in Sept. Maybe they could do that as a special treat. It was the most fun we had in our whole 9 day trip last Sept!

If they are going on his actual bday- don't forget to have them register his bday with Disney so he can get the Fun Card on his bday.

My daughter will turn 5 the day after we arrive in October. I plan on reserving breakfast or lunch at Cinderella's Castle (have the 180 day reserve date marked in my calendar), and we will be doing MNSSHP later that week. We rented a townhouse, so I plan on decorating with balloons and getting a cake, so when we come back from MK we can sing and open presents. I really wanted to do something special for this birthday because she will have a new baby brother due June 4th, and I don't want her to feel forgotten.

Anyway... It cost over $500 to host 12 kids at her museum party last year, add $100 to that and we've got our 6 day Disney Base Tickets. Disney is becoming a win-win!

Last June we were at Disney World for my DD's 1st b-day. We had a character meal and she had a b-day button on her stroller. At the end of the meal, she got a card signed by the characters we saw at the restauant, Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore. We also told the CM at the front desk of the hotel. When we got back to the room on her b-day, she had balloons and a card signed by Minnie Mouse. Very special.
So, be sure you tell the front desk at your hotel and the restaurant you go to about the birthday, they will surely make it special. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter