• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need dining suggestions for VB, we leave next week......

SnowWitch

DIS Veteran
we plan on having breakfast in our room in the mornings and snacks but plan on dining out most if not all evening. We are a family of 4 with 2 boys ages 8 and 11. We aren't into higher end crusine, we like seafood and steaks, any suggestions and an idea of cost. We will be there for a week after spending a long weekend at HRH and after the beach we will go to Disney for a little over a week so I'm not looking to spend $150 a meal. Any suggestions? Any worth doing twice during our stay? THANKS!!!!!!! ;)

Hi Snowitch. We just got back from VB and I really enjoyed Shutter's for our meals. We ate there for both breakfast and dinner. It was only DH and I but our bill was only $30. Granted we don't drink a lot of alcohol but I found dinner to be great. It wasn't very fancy but still very good. I had the meatloaf and garlic mashed potatoes. DH had a very yummy roasted chicken pizza. I think you will enjoy it a lot! Hope this helps.

We were just in VB in early May and really enjoyed ourselves. We had dinner at Shutters twice and enjoyed the food! The steak is wonderful.
We also went into Vero and ate at the South Beach Grille. All I can say is WONDERFUL!!! They have a salad bar with over 50 items on it! It isn't that pricey either!
They have directions to that and other great places at the resort. We also had Capt. Hiram's on our last visit and thought it was good.
Check out our trip report at
http://gennaroworld.topcities.com/vero2001.html

Have a great trip!
:)

We were at Vero in March and ate at a place called Mr. Manatee's. The food was good and it was a good place for kids.
There is a book of local restaurants in front of the DVC desk in the lobby. Take a look in there for some ideas.

We were planning on going to a different place to eat, but when we got there around 5:30 there was a 90 minute wait. The place was wall-to-wall retirees - I felt like I was in Seinfeld episode. Mr Manatees was just across the street and it was a 20 minute wait. Be flexible with kids is my only advice.

Best nice dinner, Ocean Grill. Good family seafood at Mr. Manatee's and Lobster Shanty. Capt. Hirams is hit and miss, some people really like it and others not. The on site are nice but somewhat expensive.

Hi;

A couple of places come to mind:

There's a restaurant under the Rte 60 (Vero's main st.) bridge (Barber Bridge) - the Riverside Cafe. Good food, directly on the water. We watched Dolphin swimming around one night. Leave the resort, turn left go to 60, turn right, then turn left immediately before the bridge - Beachland Blvd - to the mainland. Follow the road on the right to the restaurant.

Swensen's - downtown Vero. Beaches and Cream type fare with better food and better ice cream - cheaper too. Take 60 to Hwy 1 - turn left. 1902 US Hwy 1.

Have fun!

Quasi.

OKW '93

At VB there are (or at least were) 2 books in the lobby with menus from "recommended" restaraunts. Most of these offer discounts either 10% off or free desert/drinks. Lobster Shanty (and many others in the area) had early bird menus and the discounts or specials also applied. Good luck.

Another vote for Shutters - we ate there twice and loved both times! Our 9 YO loved the chicken fingers ordered them twice - nice size kids meals. If you order anything there that is spicy, take their word for it - it will be HOT! DH says I put hot pepper on everything and I still thought the Cajun Redfish was very hot. We didn't venture away for dinner since we were only there three nights ( any now that I know there is a Lobster Shanty, I wish we would have tried it) but were very pleased with Shutters. We also liked Bleachers by the pool - portions for the burgers and the kids meals were very good.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter