Need dinner in Epcot for Aug-which is best?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
Going to drop La Hacienda because they just shortened the menu, plus it appears they don't accept TIW, Disney Visa, or AP discounts. Already have Coral Reef & Le Cellier booked. We are between San Angel Inn, Rose & Crown, and Raglan Road. Never had R&C, but not a huge fan of San Angel Inn from food quality 2 years ago. Enjoyed Raglan Rd in the past, but thinking it may be best to eat in Epcot due to shortened hours. Opinions on Rose & Crown? Decent quality & portion size matter. Interested in the chicken curry and/or shephards pie. I'm the only one who drinks in our party-any sweet cocktails recommended?

It would take some miracle for San Angel to turn around and be great IMHO. I know Raglan gets some great reviews, sadly for us it was the worse experience we had on our last trip. Our last time at R&C was good my wife enjoyed the shepherds pie, I thought their fish & chips was marginal. Drinks were expensive but top notch. As you noted with travel time I'd got for R&C. But actually I'd be considering Regal Eagle or Spice Road Table.

Spice Road Table is one we love. Will they be open? We ate at R&C once and were disappointed. You could also walk out the back gate by Beach Club and do Trattoria al Forno or Ale and Compass. We enjoy those too.

You've already gotten the two I would have picked. Beaches and Cream is nearby or Napoli?

#franceopenup

Rose n Crown will not disappoint. If you're looking for something new, then go with the Regal Eagle Smokehouse.

I love the ambiance at San Angel Inn so keep trying to make it work, but have been there a few times trying different hings each time and everything was just BAD. Had to leave 90% of the food on my plate because I just couldn't eat it (e.g. chicken so dry could barely chew it). The margaritas are great though (same you can get at Choza) so that is some consolation.

I personally would chose Via Napoli or Biergarten, but Rose & Crown is third runner up.

^^It amazes me how bad the food at San Angel is. I have had it twice. I live in a small southern rural town and every SINGLE Mexican restaurant in the area is far superior for 1/3 of the price. Its kind of mind blowing how bad the food has been.

Never heard anyone say anything good about the food (yes to the drinks but not to the food).

We love Chefs de France and Tutto Italia. You booked another of our favorites
Le Cellier.

You didn't mention it, but I would be all over Via Napoli. Love their pizza and its definitely on my return to Disney list. Of the ones you actually asked us to weigh in on :D I'd pick Rose and Crown or Raglan Road. Rose and Crown is decent pub food and clearly convenient to Epcot. I definitely prefer the food at Raglan but they are constantly behind on reservations and we always have a long wait. But maybe reduced capacity has helped them. They do book via Open Table which has no cancellation fees if you want to book it just in case.

We love Rose & Crown, though no beverage advice since I usually have beer. I usually have the chicken curry or fish n chips and they are both good.
We had a very nice meal at La Hacienda last visit and San Angel is on the list for future. I vote it's worth a try too.
(I'm guessing Teppan Edo is not open, but it's a hands down fave. Sorry, I don't have a trip planned til April so not absolutely sure what all is open at this point.)
We have had numerous bad experiences (service, not food) at Via Napoli. I doubt we will ever go there again. Not a fan!
Le Cellier is a fave of ours too. You will enjoy!

I just changed our San Angel Inn to Coral Reef. I see they added a rib eye steak 😍. We have had Via Napoli twice the last time wasn’t as good as the first.
I would choose Rose and Crown if you want to stay in Epcot.

You didn't mention it, but I would be all over Via Napoli. Love their pizza and its definitely on my return to Disney list. Of the ones you actually asked us to weigh in on :D I'd pick Rose and Crown or Raglan Road. Rose and Crown is decent pub food and clearly convenient to Epcot. I definitely prefer the food at Raglan but they are constantly behind on reservations and we always have a long wait. But maybe reduced capacity has helped them. They do book via Open Table which has no cancellation fees if you want to book it just in case.
Just to add: I made a reservation for Raglan on opentable and was asked to provide a credit card and it said there would be a $10 per person charge if we did not cancel within 48 hours, so with the reduced capacity they may be tinkering with the cancellation policy. I like the 24 hour policy better for Disney ADRs (sometimes switch things up the night before), so when I was able to get a spot via MDE when one opened up I snagged that instead and dropped the opentable one.

We love authentic Mexican food and have tried several times at San Angel and never gotten a good meal, beside being packed in tight. The atmosphere is beautiful.
Really enjoy Chefs de France and Tutto Italia. Ate at Rose and Crown last trip and it is a very fun pub. Enjoyed the food except, do not let them talk you into the mushy peas (just as they sound).

Of your choices, I would choose Rose & Crown simply because you've never done it before. Its also convenient considering you're already in Epcot. If you were going to travel to Disney Springs for Raglan Road using Disney transportation, you'd need to give yourself about an hour. Raglan Road is a good option if you plan to spend the evening around Disney Springs anyway, but not if you're going there just for dinner when you could otherwise eat at Epcot.

I would go with San Angel Inn. We love it there, and I think it gets better everytime we go. The service is usually always slow, but still worth the experience. I used to love Rose and Crown, but the last two times we went, the quality went downhill. The menu too. Even the fish and chips were a disappointment. It is like they use a different fish than cod or even pollack. We are giving it a break for a few visits, and hopefully in the future it will be good again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter