Need Grand Californian Room details please...

mom23boyz

Wishing I Had a Magic Wand
We have a two bedroom suite in October. Need to know if rooms have microwaves, refrigerators and coffee makers? Is coffee/creamer included? Thank you!

Is that on the Hotel-side or the DVC-side of the Grand Cal?

If DVC-side: Yes, the two bedroom will have at least one microwave, a full-sizerefrigerator and 10-12 cup Mr. Coffee style coffee maker using a flat bottom style filter. Two Joffee Coffee "pillows" (coffee inside its own filter) are included (one regular, one decaf). I do not recall creamer in the room -- but you could grab these from the quick service restaurant on property. // Note that there are at least two configurations of 2BR DVC Units. One is "dedicated" and has only one kitchen; the other is "lock-out" where the "1BR" side has a full kitchen and the "Studio" side has a kitchenette. The kitchenette has a dorm-size refrigerator, regular coffee maker and microwave.

Is that on the Hotel-side or the DVC-side of the Grand Cal?

If DVC-side: Yes, the two bedroom will have at least one microwave, a full-sizerefrigerator and 10-12 cup Mr. Coffee style coffee maker using a flat bottom style filter. Two Joffee Coffee "pillows" (coffee inside its own filter) are included (one regular, one decaf). I do not recall creamer in the room -- but you could grab these from the quick service restaurant on property. // Note that there are at least two configurations of 2BR DVC Units. One is "dedicated" and has only one kitchen; the other is "lock-out" where the "1BR" side has a full kitchen and the "Studio" side has a kitchenette. The kitchenette has a dorm-size refrigerator, regular coffee maker and microwave.
This is NOT through DVC...directly through GC.

We have a two bedroom suite in October. Need to know if rooms have microwaves, refrigerators and coffee makers? Is coffee/creamer included? Thank you!
Non-DVC rooms have coffee makers (Kuerig) and fridges. Microwaves are available in the ice rooms located on each floor and wing. Coffee is included, and they have the dry creamer with sugar packs.

We were at the Grand Californian last weekend visiting my in-laws who were staying there and I hunted for a microwave to re-heat some pizza. The mousekeeping crew told me the microwaves are only in the ice/vending areas in the main section of the hotel near the lobby. The ice/vending room in the courtyard section didn't have one.

They also told me that they're happy to bring a microwave to the room on request.

It is possible but limited dates. Not busy periods. They will sell them rather than have empty rooms.
How do you even book these? I have never, ever in the past 5-7 years seen any GC DVC room offered for any dates I have ever looked at. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place, but when we book a DVC room on cash at WDW, it is offered through the regular Disney travel booking engine with the hotel rooms.

How do you even book these? I have never, ever in the past 5-7 years seen any GC DVC room offered for any dates I have ever looked at. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place, but when we book a DVC room on cash at WDW, it is offered through the regular Disney travel booking engine with the hotel rooms.
I don't know about on line bookings. We are going to DL for the first time in 2 weeks. I first thought of taking Mrs. Ally last winter for a quick surprise weekend trip. I actually called last minute for a late Feb weekend and I was given the choice of the hotel or the 1br villa. We ended up not going but are going in two weeks and are taking my daughter and grandaughter. I knew from what the gentleman said to me last winter that there would be no way we could get the villas during this time frame. Besides, my daughter is now a part time TA and can do both WDW and DL so we went through her. I am traveling for work right now but will ask her when I get home if she ever sees the villas come up when she is doing trips for clients.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter