Need hair dye suggestions...

Guys shouldn't dye hair. Women dont have a choice. It's like this guys can get away without shaving and again women cant. Its the circle of life.

If you have blonde no matter what sort of color you do it might not go away especially if it's not natural, my DD's friend did Jello color and it was a whole thing to get it out. I think when you lift color the hair gets porous and if it's a light it will really stick. Maybe just test a streak in the underneath part first.

Looks like there are some people on this thread who know what they are doing with hair color. Not to hijack this thread (I'm sorry, op!) but a quick recommendation for natural red hair that is looking washed out? Semi permanent?

For the op: has anyone tried Madison Reed? I bought some but I'm afraid to use it.
I tried it back in the spring and it was fine; I don't recall my hair reacting poorly to it and the coverage was good. But now my colorist is open again so I'm back to her -- I definitely don't do as good a job as she!

If you have blonde no matter what sort of color you do it might not go away especially if it's not natural, my DD's friend did Jello color and it was a whole thing to get it out. I think when you lift color the hair gets porous and if it's a light it will really stick. Maybe just test a streak in the underneath part first.
My hair color is natural. I will sometimes spray something on my hair before I go outside to encourage my hair to lighten but I don't dye my hair.

I've found that red hair dyes (even the permanent ones) fade much more quickly than other colors. Even a "permanent" red will fade out pretty quickly, at least on my hair :) Just colored mine today, with L'Oreal GInger Twist. It's a discontinued two part color kit, but my DIL drove all over Houston and found four boxes for me for my birthday! It's the only shade of red that doesn't look fake, IMO. It would look great with highlights, as it comes with a highlight kit of its own.
This. I dyed mine red a couple of times, and I LOVED it. But at the time I could not afford to keep it up, as it faded so quickly. This was permanent color done in a salon.

Looks like there are some people on this thread who know what they are doing with hair color. Not to hijack this thread (I'm sorry, op!) but a quick recommendation for natural red hair that is looking washed out? Semi permanent?

For the op: has anyone tried Madison Reed? I bought some but I'm afraid to use it.

I've talked to many hair colorists (because I want that ginger twist formula!) about mixing a red dye with a brown dye when I run out of my kits. That's my fall-back plan for a more natural red.

This is the color I love: 550709

I really like that color. It's similar to what I'm going for.

I can't find it anywhere anymore except for double the price on eBay. Not happening! I do look on the CVS website now and then, putting in local zipcodes (or ones where friends and family live) to see if a stray box or two pop up. There are some at a CVS in St Louis and my daughter has a friend out there LOL!

Madison Reed is great IMO and what I would have recommended OP if she wanted demi/permanent color.

They only use 20 vol developer, which is great for at home because you can’t do much damage with it. You also can’t get much lift so you aren’t going to get dramatically lighter hair. You’ll want to pick a shade that’s around your current hair level.

They have fantastic reds imo. I was an Auburn and always wanted to ramp up my red. I used 6NCG Sardinia Red and 7NCR Vesuvius red for years until I finally embraced the gray id been dealing with since I was a teen.

It never irritated my sensitive scalp and has a super mild smell as well. Unless you want the auto-delivery, I found it easier to buy from Ulta.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter