Need help...again:)

eek40

DIS Veteran
Hi all, I was here about a year ago planning my trip to Disney with a bum ankle, have had two surgeries on it, its still messed up and swollen a year later:(

Heres what I need help with. I am going to Disney for a short three night trip. I am again battling with a descision on the evc or trying to go for broke and not get one in advance and take my chances on a park one if I get bad. The thing is I am not sure if I can make it more that 2 to 4 hours on the ankle/on my feet in anyone day without being in pain. Yet I hate being in the evc and hate trying to load in and out of the buses and monorails with it, I got better towards the end of my last trip, but its still very scary for me:) So what does everyone recommend?
Aimee

Well, I think you answered your own question.......

Originally posted by eek40
The thing is I am not sure if I can make it more that 2 to 4 hours on the ankle/on my feet in anyone day without being in pain.
Yet I hate being in the evc and hate trying to load in and out of the buses and monorails with it, I got better towards the end of my last trip, but its still very scary for me:) So what does everyone recommend?
Aimee
If you are not sure you can make it more than 2-4 hours on your feet, you need either a wheelchair or ecv. No matter how much you hate being in an ecv, it's better than being in pain (which you already know you will be in if you don't use the ecv or wheelchair). So, what you need to decide is whether a wheelchair is acceptable to you if all the ecvs are gone when you get to the park.
If it is, then you can take a chance on renting at the parks.
But, keep in mind that you will be more expereinced this time, so getting on the bus or monorail might not be so bad as you remember. Another option would be to have another adult in your party drive the ecv into the bus or monrail for you. Other people have done that in the past.

One advantage to renting from one of the offsite places is that the ecvs from them are smaller and easier to manouver than the ones you rent in the parks.

Will you be traveling alone? CMs can't help you with your ecv. If you are not going at a peak time, you probably will be able to get an ecv as soon as you get to the parks. If you arrive late and they are all gone you may have to just get a regular wc. Of course, if you are traveling with someone, a wc may not be a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter