Need help and advice of restuarants

mom2nickntink

WDW Newbie
We narrowed our choices down to:

MGM: Pizza Planet and 50's Cafe
AK: Flame Tree and Tusker House
MK: Cosmic Rays, Columbia Harbour and Pecos Bill
Epcot: Cantina de san Angel, Tangerine Cafe and Yakatori

1. Are these places good choices? Any other recommendations at each park?

2. Does any of these places have meal programs? Are there any other meal programs available?

3. Are meals generally big enough to share if we aren't big eaters and if we order an extra side? What places DO have large portions that will allow us to share.

4. I heard on a board people saying they order from the kids menu for light eaters. Do they allow you to do that and do they charge extra? What generally is the difference between a kids meal and an adult meal? (i.e. burger, chicken strips)

5. What are these vouchers I hear people mentioning and how EXACTLY do they work? Where are they good for? (sit down restaurants or counter service places?) Can a party of 3 adults and 2 kids use 2-3 vouchers or do we need to use one each?

Thanks for any advice/help you can give. Trying to make this a special trip for all without bankrupting us.

MGM: Pizza Planet and 50's Cafe
50's is a blast be prepared to be embarassed though.... I had a great time but some people don't like it. Food was excellent IMHO I had meatloaf and a sundae...yummy!!

AK: Flame Tree and Tusker House

Flame Tree is so good... I wish they had something like that here... :)

MK: Cosmic Rays, Columbia Harbour and Pecos Bill

Cosmic Rays food was icky to me.. the hamburger bland and almost cold but i was too tired to care.

Columbia Harbor House food is good the chicken strips are greasy but very very yummy!

Epcot: Cantina de san Angel, Tangerine Cafe and Yakatori

Tangine Cafe has really delicious food. I think I had a wrap and it was fabulous...

I also recommend the Lotus Blossom Cafe if you like cheap chinese food... it was very good.

Sorry I can't answer any other questions... hope it helps a little. you my try asking this on the restraunt board as well.

you have a lot of counter restaurants, these are the easy place to order kids meals since they are used to one person ordering while the other people in the party get a table. Also, it is easy to stand to the side and watch other people's food as they walk by, then order what looks good !

1-We love 50's at MGM and have never tried Pizza Planet.
2-Flame Tree was really good and Tusker House was decent but I don't remember what we even had, I just know that no one gripped! We ate the BBQ pork and enjoyed that and corn on the cob at Flame Tree- great meal coupons at avail at AK.
3-Never eaten at Cosmic Rays but I hear that they have an awesome fixings bar that is free, Pecos is ok- the chic tenders were good but it is just standard fare as is Columbia House.
4-We ate at Yakitori in Sept. It was pretty good but the rice was a little gummy. We had terriyaki chic on a stick with rice. We would go back though. I have heard mixed on Cantina and haven't gotten the nerve to try Tangerine yet!!!

My DD and I usually share - she is 10. We might order a side of corn or baked potato if possible or get a dessert a tad later! I hear that you can share the chic/fish combo at Columbia House and at Cosmic order a double burger with an extra bun- with the fixings it is doable. I would look around at others to see what they have on their plate and decide if you can share or not and also if you like the look of the food.
For us, I have found few counter that is really good. Kind of like kids meals- which I do order for myself sometimes- never had a problem doing that.
I used Connections vouchers in Sept with no porblems- http://www.connections123.com We are going back on Thanksgiving Day and staying until the next Wed and using them again. We only used Quick & Casual ($11) counter service lunch or dinner last time- will be trying Kingdom Lunch Vouchers ($29.50) and Breakfast then. You can double up using the vouchers- not just one per person.

I love Pecos Bill's!! It's been a tradition in my family to have lunch there everytime we go to MK. My first trip to WDW was in my first month of life (my mom says she got many strange looks with a baby that small) and my grandma took me at least every summer and most holidays too. I love it just because it has special memories for me but the food is great too.

I love Flame Tree but last year with the 911 cut backs it was closed. Now Disney is calling it "seasonal". It was open recently though and hopefully it will remain open!

Hi there! You'll get many more responses if this were posted on the Restaurants Board, so I'm transferring it over there. Please check the RB for further replies. Thanks! :)

We really enjoy San Angel, and you definitely can split. My dh and I wished we had last time. The vouchers aren't a good value at San Angel, as they're $29.50 for appetizer, entree w/side, dessert, and non-alcoholic drink. We wouldn't normally order that much food. You can look at www.wdwig.com to read menus and see if it'd save you anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter