Need help choosing honeymoon resort

armygirl

Earning My Ears
Hello! This is my first time posting and I am hoping some of you could help me out. My fiance and I are planning to honeymoon in Disney World the end on June 2002 and are having trouble choosing a resort. We are leaning towards WL, PO-Riverside and AKL but don't really know enough about any of them to choose. I would love to get some opinions and suggestions. We really want to choose a resort that is on the quiet side and convenient to transportation and food. Thanks.

First of all, WELCOME TO THE DIS! Glad you joined us! As far as the honeymoon resort goes, that is definitely a tough choice--but a fun choice too! :) Of the ones you are considering so far, I have only stayed at the WL. I really enjoyed this resort, and it has a cozy atmosphere. PO-Riverside is a moderate resort, and the other 2 are deluxes, so they would have more amenities. A good way to get a general overview of the resorts is to check out the pictures of them on www.wdwig.com and see which decorating schemes you like. The resorts with the most convenient transportation are the resorts on the monorail (Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Comtemporary) and the resorts near Epcot (Board Walk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club). Both locations would offer lots of food choices. There is also a lot of info on the resorts right here on the DIS, just click here to see it. I hope this helps!

HI and WELCOME!

As ead79 said, "tough choice". I was torn between a few and finally decided on the AKL but then my finace came up withhis only request, "the monorail" He wants to be able to ride it to and from... {sigh} so we are staying at the Contemp.

The Poly is a popular choice, as is the Beach CLub and Boardwalk. Of course, the Grand Floridian is supposedly the best but it depends what you want...

Check out www.mousesavers.com for more savings and ideas.

Congrats and happy planning...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter