• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Help Deciding: End of October or Mid November 2019

DCNadeau

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!

My wife and I are looking at booking our next trip down to Disney. We currently have settled on 3 different weeks that work for us and I am looking for some suggestions and thoughts from others.

Currently we are looking at 10/17-10/24, 10/24-10/31 or 11/14-11/21.

I know the first two October weeks will be in the Halloween time-frame and the November week at the start of Christmas decorations, but not all would be up yet and in full swing.

If you were picking what week would you pick an why? What week would you expect the lowest crowds?

Thanks for all your advice!

My daughter and her fiancée are Halloween nuts, so the obvious choice was the last week in October with our MNSSHP passes on Halloween Night. Not sure of how the crowds would be; with all that will be going on that evening, I don't think that we'll be preoccupied with how crowded it could possibly get. If it has to do with candy and dressing up, my granddaughter's up to the task.

From what I've read consistently on this site, there aren't very many uncrowded times of the year. Regardless, it should be a fun night and a great vacation!

You really can't go wrong with any of these weeks. Fall is just an awesome time of year to be at Disney.
The Food & Wine Festival is going on over all of these dates.
If you go in October, you have the option of the Halloween party & if you choose November, you have the Christmas party-if these are important to you.
Disney is always busy, imo.
November will be slightly cooler temps + I'll be there in November :)

I'm going Nov 11- Nov 16 so if you want to wave at me you should go in Nov. :) But, in my opinion, Halloween would probably be pretty awesome but with bigger crowds.

Something to keep in mind is the WDW Wine and Dine Half Marathon is the weekend of 10/31-11/3. You will start to see a significant uptick in crowds from this starting the Wednesday before. Looking at your dates it appears you will be heading out by then but something to consider in your planning :)

We are going the last week of October mainly because flights were better priced and there was plenty of onsite hotel availability. We prefer Christmas to Halloween but Food and Wine is a great time to go. I figure it will be crowded no matter what.

The October dates will have extra, extra magic hours if that makes a difference one way or another to you.

November *should* be less crowded but with SWGE, no one really knows this year.... IMHO October is second only to Spring Break as a crowded nightmare....

Food and Wine is AWESOME, but it can still be super hot and I hate eating when I’m hot so I likely won’t go at that time again. Nov. will have a better chance at being a little cooler.
Good choices event and weather-wise tho.

We will be there Oct 19-25 this year. I've never been during Halloween or food and wine so I am looking forward to those. I have been the first week in Nov and the last part of November into first week of Dec. and also during Easter week one year:scared1:
So it depends on what you have/haven't experienced yet and what you would like to experience my favorite trip has been the end of Nov. into first week of December. weather was nice, crowds were manageable and the Christmas Decorations and MVMCP were wonderful. Can't wait to experience MNSSHP for the first time.
You can't go wrong with any of the weeks you've listed.

Hi Everyone!

My wife and I are looking at booking our next trip down to Disney. We currently have settled on 3 different weeks that work for us and I am looking for some suggestions and thoughts from others.

Currently we are looking at 10/17-10/24, 10/24-10/31 or 11/14-11/21.

I know the first two October weeks will be in the Halloween time-frame and the November week at the start of Christmas decorations, but not all would be up yet and in full swing.

If you were picking what week would you pick an why? What week would you expect the lowest crowds?

Thanks for all your advice!
I'm heading down to Disney World the 3rd week of October. I go every year at this time. The crowds are low and the weather perfect ( mid 80'sF).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter