• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help deciding...

rskbh00

Mouseketeer
Okay I need help deciding which 2 of the restaurants below to do on our upcoming trip. It is me, DH, DD(6) and DD(9).

Crystal Palace
Garden Grill
Donalds Safari Breakfast
1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickey

If you are a fan of Pooh and Friends than you really need to do Crystal Palace. We do breakfast every year. I cant tell you about lunch or dinner but the breakfast is great. The only other we have tried is Chef Mickey's for dinner. We like the food and to be able to have the pictures with Mickey and Friends was great, you dont always get the chance to see them in the park without a very long line.

Of the ones you have listed we have been to 1900 Park Fare for Dinner and Donald's Safari Breakfast. We are going to Chef Mickey for breakfast on this next trip so I can't speak about that one personally. I will say that we all LOVED 1900 Park Fare. The step sisters are hysterical and the food was delish! We are going back to that one again on this next trip too. Donalds Safari Breakfast was good too. I hadn't slept well at all the night before so I remember being in a bit of a fog there, but the kids really liked it and the food was wonderful! I would go back there again too...but not until the trip after this one!

We LOVE dinner at Crystal Palace. There is always plenty to choose from and it is all delicious!

If your daughters like Mary Poppins or Alice in Wonderland, you should try breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. The food was good and we were able to meet Mary Poppins, Alice, the Mad Hatter, Pooh, and Tigger.

We really enjoy Chef Mickey's (dinner, we have never had breakfast there) and Tusker House (breakfast). It's nice to meet the characters at a meal. The food is good at these two restaurants too!

Crystal Palace breakfast and Chef Mickey dinner are our 2 traditions. CP breakfast is wonderful and delicious. It's fun to meet all the Pooh characters. Chef Mickey just feels like Disney to us. We always take the monorail into the Contemporary when we eat there. It's a great place to meet the Fab 5 without waiting in line. Food is good and the desserts and make-your-own ice cream bar is wonderful.

I'd suggest Donald's Safari breakfast and 1900 PF dinner. Both had great characters, wonderful food and were two of our favorites.

I have eaten at all 5 restaurants you mentioned. They all have something good about them, so its really hard to choose!

Crystal Palace is great for dinner. The atmosphere is great, and if you love the Pooh characters, this would be a good choice.

The Garden Grill is probably the bottom of my list. It's cool that the restaurant spins, but its not the best layout for meeting characters.

Tusker House is one of my favorites. The breakfast is really super yummy, and the coffee is so delicious. Plus they have this juice that is really good.

1900 Park Fare is super fun for dinner. As quadsthen1 said, the sisters are hilarious! The food is pretty good too.

Chef Mickey's is just a classic. I'm not a huge fan of the food, but its the best place to see Mickey and friends for sure.

So, if I'd have to choose, it'd be Donald's safari breakfast, and Crystal Palace. ;)

Of the choices, my recomendation would be for Crystal Palace and Tusker House. I think Tusker house does a wonderful breakfast buffet, almost on par with Boma, but with the characters. Crystal Palace I've found to be good at all meals! The breakfast is great, but lunch and dinner are alsy very good.

Manda the pirate...what kind of coffee do they have at Tusker House?

OP, I have been to Chef Mickey's. While the food is good, it's not a must. The kids loved make your own sundae bar! But, going to Chef Mickey's is classic and you see the characters. I don't know if I will go again, but I am glad I did! I love new experiences, that is why will be trying different places next time.

1900 Park fare... All I can say is Strawberry Soup, Yummy!

Can't comment yet on the other two you mentioned...

Have fun and let us know what you decided on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter