Need help from locals-walking

disneybeachbum

Mouseketeer
I just read the thread about driving in LA and I hope you can give me some information on walking in LA. We are taking the Legendary LA tour which will drop us off at the Beverly Center for a few hours. We would like to walk over to the La Brea tar pits and maybe up to Pinks. We realize this is a lot of walking (which we are used to) but is this an area where it is okay to walk? I have a map of the transit system and we could use this if we have to, but we would rather walk. Any information is apprecaited. And while I am talking to locals, we are looking for a seafood restaurant on the water in Orange Co. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Walking in the Beverly Center/La Brea Tar Pits area shouldn't be bad. I have some friends who live near the Tar Pits and they walk everywhere. Never a problem.

I don't eat seafood, but I'm certain you could find something very good in the Newport Beach area. There must be a Gladstones around there somewhere... that's always a popular place. You can probably find a Newport Beach website that will give you info on local restaurants.

The area is safe to walk in but it's a little over 2 miles to walk from the Beverly Center to the Tar Pits. If you can walk that far, I say, "Go for it". Me, I use to take the car to the supermarket down the block when I lived around there. My excuse was I had a lot of grocery bags to transport and I'm sticking to that excuse!

Foe a seafood restaurant on the water in O.C., I'd recommend the Rusty Pelican in Newport or Duke's, next to the Huntington Beach Pier.
:flower: ......Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter