Need Help From Past January Cruisers

patches-4

<font color=009999>Had been visited by the Fairy..
I NEED SOME INFO ABOUT WHAT THE WEATHER IS LIKE IN JAN. I KNOW DISNEY HASN'T CRUISED THE WESTERN IN JAN. BUT I WAS HOPING SOME OF YOU HAD MAYBE TAKEN A CRUISE ON ANOTHER CRUISELINE AND COULD HELP. WHAT IS THE TEMPERATURE LIKE? I HAVE ONLY CRUISED IN JUNE BUT DH AND I ARE GOING ON WESTERN FOR OUR 20TH ANNIVERSARY AND I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO PACK.:smooth: ;)

We were on a 5 day cruise to the Western Caribbean on a Carnival ship in early February of 2001, we went to Cozumel to see the Mayan Ruins.

The temperature and humidity at the Yucatan Peninsula where the Mayan Ruins are located was very hot and humid even then.
I think it was in the high 80s with both temperature and humidity and the sun was intense. The color of the ocean near the ruins and in Cozumel was amazing too.

We bought lots of bottled water that day.

hope that helps

I have cruised twice in January, and both times the weather was excellent. Of course, anything above freezing in January to us from Iowa seems like a heat wave!

We cruised last Jan 18th 7 day Eastern Cruise on the Magic and the weather was absolutly perfect!!!!!! Warm and Sunny!

This year (2002) we did the 7 night eastern cruise the third week in January. The weather was perfect: mid 80's low humidity. The water at St. Maarten and St. John was very comfortable. When we returned to Castaway Cay the water was noticably cooler - but it only took a minute to get used to it and we stayed in for hours. The crew did note that this was the nicest the weather was in several weeks at CC. It was heavenly!!

We were on the same cruise with Gretel (hi!). The weather was absolutely perfect for our cruise. I would cruise at that tim eof year in a heartbeat.

jrabbit- I wonder if they say the quote about the weather being the nicest they have seen in a couple of weeks on every cruise? I remember them saying in Jan and then again 2 weeks ago. But according to the boards the weather was just as nice the weeks before we sailed:confused:

Yet another January 18th (2002) cruiser checking in. I have to agree with Gretel and SC Minnie. The weather was incredible. I spent the entire morning at St. Maarten on the Golden Eagle Catamaran excursion. The water was warm and wonderful. It did rain a bit on St. Thomas, but we still had an excellent time there as well. January is a wonderful time of year to cruise the Eastern Caribbean.

We were on the 4 day Wonder January 10th of this year. I have a picture of our family on Castaway Cay in our sweats. It was COLD! We did not get into the water at Blue Lagoon in Nassau because it was too cold. We were at WDW prior to our cruise and was miserably cold. They had set up hat and glove sections in their stores and ran out. It was kind of funny because everyone looked alike. All visitors bought the hats and gloves because no one ever thought that Florida would be sooooo cold.
I do know what cold is as I am from Colorado. In fact, Florida was colder at that time than Denver. Crazy world!

Last January, we swam in St. Marteen and St. John, as well as Castaway Cay. The deeper water was a little too cool for the younger set when the sun wasn't out, but the older kids didn't care.

Having lived in Fla. and moved away, but return to cruise often, the weather is not as predictable as say Oct. or Nov. It is usually nice but they can get very cold and stormy weather, remember the shuttle disaster, it was in Jan. and that day I remember it was in the 30's that morning. We went on DCL cruise last Jan. and the weather was great, 3rd week in Jan., temps. in the 70's and 80's. The week before, very cold and they cancelled the Castway stop due to weather. You take your chance with weather but my philosophy is, and you can use this quote anytime, a bad day at Disney (including DCL) is better than the best day at work. :jester: :p :bounce: :earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter