Need help - Halloween Horror nights at Universal Studios

KatrinfromGermany

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

Does anybody know, at which dates 2013 there are the Horror Nights at Universal Studios? Are the Horror Nights a great event?
I will be in california from September 9th to September 30th.

I couldn't find any information on the homepage of Universal Studios.

Thanks a lot and Greetings from Germany,
Katrin

Hi all!

Does anybody know, at which dates 2013 there are the Horror Nights at Universal Studios?
The dates have not been set. My advice is to keep checking the website and buy your tickets the day the dates are listed. The first weekend sells out fast. It might be the weekend of Sept 28 - but more likely the first week of October.

Are the Horror Nights a great event?
Yes.

Florida starts Sept. 20. I wonder if Hollywood will start on the same weekend...

Hi there,

I didnt even know such a thing existed. Is it suitable for a 10 and 11 year old?

I don't know if they have age requirements there- but I have been to a similar event in a German theme parc (Europa-Park) and there the minimum age is 16. You have to know that the Horror Nights are really, really scary, even for adults. There are actors dressed like monsters, exactly as in horror movies.
And they try to scare you. I don't think a child can handle it.

Hi there,

I didnt even know such a thing existed. Is it suitable for a 10 and 11 year old?
Lots of movie gore, scary monsters, fog, flashing lights and actors dressed as
all sorts of horrible characters from zombies to killer clowns to plague victims
all roaming the park with one goal - to scare and chase people. Mazes filled
with terrifying images of death and horror and actors inside with one goal - to
scare and chase people.

I don't think there is an age limit (at least in Hollywood) but I they do say it's
not recommended for children under 13. I do, however, see kids as young as
9 and 10 there.

hi everyone, do we know if tickets are available yet?

are they separate to park admission?

and can they be purchased on the webpage?

Tickets have not gone on sale, yet. Tickets are separate, but you can but a combo ticket for day and night. Last year it was about $100 for the combo, prices haven't been released yet either.

Hi there,

It's awesome! We went last year, and I'm lucky enough to be in the States this October, so I'll be going again this year.

However, I personally wouldn't take a 10 or 11 year old to it. My daughter was 18 last year, and it was quite terrifying to her. It can be quite intense at times, and as they have announced 'Evil Dead' for one of the mazes this year, it may be quite graphic.

Tickets have not gone on sale, yet. Tickets are separate, but you can but a combo ticket for day and night. Last year it was about $100 for the combo, prices haven't been released yet either.

Waiting to see how much the VIP tix are this year. I reckon' I spent more time in the lines for the mazes, rather than 'in' the mazes last year. :)

Got ours, too!:cool1:
It will be the first time for us in Universal Studios Hollywood. Up to now we have only been to the horror nights of a German theme parc. It looks quite similar, I am quite sure they bought the concept Form Universal Studios.

we get to LA on friday morning 18th oct (from australia), what would our chances be of getting tickets to the HHN that night?

i dont want to pre-purchase them in case we're not up to it after the flight.

we get to LA on friday morning 18th oct (from australia), what would our chances be of getting tickets to the HHN that night?
That will be a very, very busy night. You might find it sold out.

KatrinfromGermany, what did you think of the event?

back again (after almost a year)! we didnt end up going to a HHN last year because DH was too chicken!!

are they really that scary?

we're heading back to LA for Halloween this year, so i need some ammo to try and convince him

So you want people to tell you it's not very scary?

Nope. The entire goal of HHN is to be scary. Actors dressed as all manor of monsters chase people. Actors with chainsaws (loud chainsaws) chase people. Many of the areas in the park are dark and filled with smoke so actors can jump out and scare you. People who show even a little fear are chased the most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter