• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help w/booking a pkg (and ressies?)

larzebub

Earning My Ears
[Probably unnecessary background info: We had our whole Christmas vaca planned and booked (offsite). But after some opinions here about taking DH--a non-Disney fan--during the busybusybusy season and after reading the reports that it's super crowded even now, I've decided to postpone. This means that I'm trying to get us at the DLH, and hopefully DH will have fun with a little more breathing room. I'm completely bummed that PotC will be down, though!]

I see that they're doing the "everyone plays for the kid's price," but also kids free with an adult. I'm not exactly sure how this works, especially when booking online. I tried it through the Disney site just to get an idea of cost, but I can't tell if they're giving us a free child ticket. I'm assuming that this covers a single day in the parks??

How and/or where can I book the hotel+tickets package and see exactly what is and isn't included? Is it better to use one of the other travel sites booking?

Also, we want at least one character breakfast. Do we need to reserve that ahead of time? My friend said that they enjoyed it so much that they did it (unplanned) two days in a row. I've never planned a trip to DL (haven't been since Grad Night '95!!) so I'm not sure how these dinner and show reservations work. I'm seeing people talking about "windows" and such and I am totally clueless!

I sincerely appreciate your help. And this board in general, whether I'm posting/replying or not, is such a tremendous resource! Thanks very much for contributing!

I just did a quick quote online. In regards to tickets, it asked me how many days I wanted to be in the parks, then quoted park hoppers based on that. Also, it gave me options to select either the free kids or pay the kids price. It's all listed out there. I went to disneyland.com, chose Tickets & Reservations across the top, then chose Special Offers from the left, then Book Now under the Kid's free description.

For character meals, it is a good idea to plan ahead to be able to get something near the time you actually want to eat. They don't consider them to be traditional reservations where they hold a table for you. But you have a time that you show up and you are seated as soon as possible. We've never waited more than 5 minutes. They have a system where they only allow a certain number of priority seatings and they know how many walk ups would fit in as well, then turn away anyone else if they are full.

The windows apply to when you can call to make your choices. Sorry, but I don't remember exatly what they are, but something like 60 or 45 days for meals and 30 days for shows.

If you get a quote through Dreams Unlimited, everything you get will be spelled out. This way you know exactly what promotions you are getting.

Through mid April you can get a free gift card worth $150.00 with a stay of 4 nights or longer at a Disney hotel.

This can be combined with either the kids play free or the adults play for the kids prices promo. You will be given which ever is a better option for your party. Usually it is the kids free promo unless of course, there are only adults in the party.

When booking with Dreams they will make all your priority seatings for you including your character breakfast (which can be included with your package if you wish).

I just booked (& paid in full -- cough cough) through Costco Travel and our price included the hotel, park hoppers, Early Entry, Toontown something, CHARACTER Breakfast, $20 gift card and KIDS PARK HOPPER PASSES FREE (plus a Costco-only pin and lanyard for each of us and luggage tags! It was the luggage tags that convinced me! ;) )

I felt they were competitive with pricing. You might give them a call.

FWDisFan said:
I just booked (& paid in full -- cough cough) through Costco Travel and our price included the hotel, park hoppers, Early Entry, Toontown something, CHARACTER Breakfast, $20 gift card and KIDS PARK HOPPER PASSES FREE (plus a Costco-only pin and lanyard for each of us and luggage tags! It was the luggage tags that convinced me! ;) )

I felt they were competitive with pricing. You might give them a call.
DEFINITELY check www.costco.com/travel. They had the absolute BEST rates I've seen for DL vacations. We got quoted a great rate that included free kids ticket, free character meal, free $50.00 +$150.00 gift card upon check in, luggage tags, early morning entry 2 nights and 9 nights @ Disneyland Hotel for 4 for $2100.00 (including tax & insurance)

Even if you're not a Costco member, you can check rates and even make a reservation. Once you put a down payment you must have your Costco membership. So, you can really save a lot.

BTW, there are other levels of hotel to choose from, we just will only stay @ DLH.
Have fun!

I spent a lot of time browsing sites for good deals. If you are flying both alaska air and united are doing kids fly free through sometime in late spring. When you go to the web sites, disneyland is one, scroll down on the tickets till you see where they offer kids free for the park hopper. by paying for my 5 day park hopper my kid's was free.
If you belong to AAA they are cheaper, if not I found Costco was about the same as alaska air and disneyland.

good luck.

Tinkaroo - I don't think there is a way to price a Costco vacation without calling them (there number is on the website). It is pretty painless and after you choose "VACATIONS" I believe you then press 2 for Disneyland vacations. They seem to have representatives set up ONLY to handle the DL vacations so it has always been a short wait time for me. PLUS the reps I have spoken to seemed to be from the Anaheim area as they were all very helpful.

Well, the person I spoke with wouldn't even deign to help me because I don't have a current membership #. Grr. :badpc:

If anyone is feeling nice today, and wouldn't mind calling with their membership # to see if they even have availability for the DLH package from 1/5-1/8 for 2 adults, I would be very grateful.

I don't have much use for a Costco membership, and am definitely not going to purchase one just to get a quote over the phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter