Need help w/ Kodak 7440 camera

kldmom2000

DIS Veteran
I upgraded LAST December to the Kodak 4megapixel 7440 camera w/ Scheider lens. Yes, I know it's way out of date now only a year later!LOL! Anyway, I bought it specifically for our trip to Disney last year and I was not able to get a single nighttime shot-NOTHING came out.... I've had it now a year and over that time period, I've played w/ all different settings, read the manual, etc. and still cannot get any nightime shots to come out-esp. of Christmas lights/fireworks, etc....the best I can do is in the "nightime/fireworks" setting and it always comes out blurry because apparently both the subject and the photographer has to be completely, absolutely still... example:
100_5648.jpg
[/IMG] I also can't get any good flash pics indoors if the subject is more than 10 feet away it seems. Until I can afford to buy my Nikon D50... can someone offer some advice/help to make me not want to take a hammer to my current camera???? Thanks in advance! :)

The range of the flash on most consumer grade cameras is about 10 feet, so anything outside of that range, you're not going to get a great flash picture, regardless of camera settings.

What the night time settings will do is set the camera for a longer shutter speed. Thus, since the shutter is open longer, you have to hold the camera still for longer. Try using a tripod, or if there isn't one available, set the camera on a non-moving surface while you're taking a photo. (I personally have used trash can lids and fence posts with some amount of success when I didn't have a tripod with me)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter