• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help w/snoring remedies for room sharing?

sonicworld

Earning My Ears
I snore at night and we're reluctantly sharing a room. I've seen many ads for different over the counter remedies. Has anyone experience with any they would feel comfortable recommending? Thanks!

Ear plugs for those people who don't love you dearly. My husband tolerates my snoring like a saint. I always bring a few packages of disposable ear plugs along when we travel. Usually we are so tired each night, that the snoring doesn't bother him. Or he might even snore himself.

1. I second the earplugs.
2. Dd uses her sony walkman to downed out the snoring.
3. Get a suite!!

There is an over the counter nose spray that my sister uses and she said it works very well!

You might consider bringing a very small fan for some "white noise".

Hope this helps.

:D

I have a noise machine that help drown out DH's snoring. He says I snore but since I've never actually heard it I don't believe him!LOL

I also second the ear plugs for the others.

I'm also a snorer, and I recently tried the "Breathe Right" brand throat spray. According to my husband, it has helped immensely!

Good luck!
Jo

Originally posted by kimmie
There is an over the counter nose spray that my sister uses and she said it works very well!

You might consider bringing a very small fan for some "white noise".

Hope this helps.

:D
kimmie, could you ask your sister which one? I just want to avoid going to the Pharmacy and finding 3 different kinds and not knowing which to choose. Plus, these can get expensive and would feel much more comfortable purchasing by recommendation. Thanks!

Originally posted by luvdamouse
I'm also a snorer, and I recently tried the "Breathe Right" brand throat spray. According to my husband, it has helped immensely!

Good luck!
Jo
I'm gonna try it, thanks!

I have a nose drop for snoring that my husband says works well. I buy them at Winn Dixie here in NC. They are called:
Y Snore- Anti snoring nose drops. Homeopathic relief.
Y-Snore Inc., 460 West 34th Street, New York, NY. If I can help please send me a private message. They run about $6.

I just want to say that I've always been too tired at WDW to hear my DH who is an outragiously loud snorer so it isn't a problem there. At home, that's a different story.

sonicworld - My sister is SullyBear!! I called and asked her to reply to your post.:D

Y-Snore all the way!! LOL

Hope it helps!!

Kimmie

Originally posted by kimmie
sonicworld - My sister is SullyBear!! I called and asked her to reply to your post.:D

Y-Snore all the way!! LOL

Hope it helps!!

Kimmie
Thank you both and ALL.

SullyBear-

I used to use a fan for noise but after 15years it fell apart! I found a noise machine in an ABC Distributing catalog about 2 years ago. It is about 6 inches round and is battery operated & has an AC adapter. I use the white noise sound but it also has water, birds, ocean etc. It not necessary travel size but I don't sleep well without it. If I do travel without it I keep the fan on in the hotel room ac/heat unit. Drive DH crazy!

FYI - you don't need to buy an expensive machine to generate white noise, if that is all you want.

Most hotel rooms now have clock radios - you can turn on the radio part of the clock, and tune it to either the very top or the very bottom of the dial, or where ever there is no actual radio station.

Voila! Free white noise in any hotel room!

Many (but not all) clock radios allow you to set the alarm separate from the radio, so you should still be able to use the alarm clock.

Personally, I take ear plugs and sleep with them whenever we travel - I"m a VERY light sleeper, and usually won't get much if any sleep if I don't use the ear plugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter