• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

need help with a problem

disneyseniors

DIS Veteran
I don't know where to ask this question, so I will ask you for help:)

I had my post in a thread deleted! It doesn't say why or who did it? Did a mod do it, and why?
Can you have a moderator message me about this. I am confused by it.

Did you post on the "I feel so poor" thread? I mentioned something very low key, not angry, inflammatory or attacking anyone. Yet mine was deleted - I have no clue why. Just got a note saying "rude" posts and anyone posting who may have included a quote from someone else that was considered "rude" were deleted. I always try to be considerate and polite when I post - think this was the 1st time a post of mine was deleted ever since 2013.

(Edited to add, now I know why...thanks Webmaster Mary Jo) :thumbsup2

If you didn't post there, just disregard all my blather above! lol

Last edited:
Did you post on the "I feel so poor" thread? I mentioned something very low key, not angry, inflammatory or attacking anyone. Yet mine was deleted - I have no clue why. Just got a note saying "rude" posts and anyone posting who may have included a quote from someone else that was considered "rude" were deleted. I always try to be considerate and polite when I post - think this was the 1st time anyone deleted a post of mine in a decade. Whatever.

If you didn't post there, just disregard all the above! lol
I had a post deleted from the the same thread. I was messaged my a moderator because my post was reported.

Reactions: shh
There were some posts that were deleted, then a lot of posts that quoted the deleted posts, and so since the context would no longer make sense they were also deleted. Then there were posts that quoted the newly deleted posts that had quoted the rude posts, and so those were also deleted - chain event. I'd have to go into every post and delete the quoted comments.

So, if you're responding to questionable posts it is better not to quote them so your post can stay.

Also, there were a few reported posts, so I had to go through and read through the whole thread - a little time-consuming and not my favorite way to spend time on the disboards. :)

Last edited:

Also, there were a few reported posts, so I had to go through and read through the whole thread - a little time-consuming and not my favorite way to spend time on the disboards. :)
i can imagine! lol. Thanks for chiming in to add more context.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter