~Need Help With How To Surprise My Kids The Morning Of Departure~

My favorite video on youtube is a family driving through the gates of WDW. They told their kids they were going to visit some friends, and when the kids saw the entrance signs, they freaked! One kid says "I thought we were visiting friends?" The dad's reply is "Isn't Mickey our friend?" It's a priceless video!

Back in 2003 I wanted to attend MNSSHP. At the same time we were going, my sister was ready to have her first baby.
I had been secretly packing for weeks. The girls (9 & 10 at the time) went to school. I told them that I might have to pick them up early if Aunt Natalie has her baby.
I picked them up at lunchtime. On our way to the airport, I told the girls we had to stop at Babies R Us to get a present for the new baby. Then we pulled into the airport, which is only five minutes from home and close by to the Babies R Us. I started videotaping them asking them what they thought of the new baby coming. They're looking around bewildered, then they start to ask, why we're at the airport? Are we picking up Aunt Genie to see the new baby?

That's when I sprung it on them. I said, No, We're going to Disney World!!!! Tori was smiling immediately and Kyra gave me a dirty look, saying, You're lying, that's not nice! Don't tease me like that! That's wrong!
I'm telling her, No, really! We're going to Disney World! Look at all the luggage in the back seat!

The girls looked in the back, but Kyra kept accusing me of lying and pulling a rotten prank all the way until we were checked by security. When we were finally seated on the plane, Kyra had a big smile on her face, saying, Now I believe you, but I just can't believe it!!!!

The kids will always remember the surprise - being surprised with something wonderful starts the trip off on a nice note and they will never ever forget it...I mean, who Doesn't want to be surprised with something great?
It is extra effort trying to keep it under wraps, buying stuff in secret, packing in secret - but it is well worth it.

Keep us updated and let us know what happens:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter