Need Help with One Afternoon at MK

mickey765

Mouseketeer
In March 2020, we are doing a one day excursion to Disney World with RC. Many people say it isn't worth it but my family has been to Disney World before and we would like to get a little bit of time there. It is worth it for us. So we have from around 1:30 to 7:30 at the parks. We first wanted to do Animal Kingdom, but they drop us off at the TTC so we thought we would lose too much time trying to get there. So we have decided to go to MK. I need help planning the itinerary because it is a little all over the place. Our main goal is just to enjoy our time there.

Must-do Attractions:

• Peter Pan's Flight
  • Space Mountain
  • Jungle Cruise
  • PhilharMagic
  • Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Meet stitch
  • Meet Winnie the Pooh & Tigger

Other Desired Attractions:

• Under the Sea
  • It's a small world
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle
  • Laugh Floor
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Pirates

I know we won't get to all of these but my plan is to use tap, grab, modify once we finish with our fastpasses around 3:30. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Once you figure out which ones you'd like to FP, suggestion:

Don't wait to modify your FP. As soon as you tap into your FIRST FP, try to modify your next fp to an earlier time if it makes sense logistically. This way you don't have to wait until 3:30 to start grabbing 4th, 5th, 6th etc.

My plan would be this:
Schedule the most important stuff as early as you can, with FP.
Schedule the less important stuff later, especially the shows - you can do some mad fp hunting while waiting for the show to start. You can hunt for great fp while waiting in queues for the less important stuff, and if you get great FP, you won't mind skipping something less "important."

Example (this is just an example for me)
If I have IASW scheduled for me next attraction, but I happen to score a fp for Haunted Mansion, I'd gladly skip IASW, then go to HM (and then hunt for another FP as soon as I tapped into HM,) and so on. If I don't happen to get to IASW, because I keep scoring better FP, then I wouldn't care too much. But that's me.

Depending on when you are actually going (spring break crowds might apply,) for your list, I'd be pretty confident I could work the FP system and accomplish a very high % of your list. Pretty sure Pan and ETWB are going to be very high on the list of things you should FP.

To meet Pooh and Tigger, look at Crystal Palace at an off time if you'll be having a meal/break.

Thank you!
My plan was to get fastpasses for Space Mountain, Peter Pan and Jungle Cruise (since I heard it's difficult to get day-of fastpasses for Jungle). I also read that Winnie the Pooh should be fairly easy to get as a 4th, 5th or 6th fastpass.

I think you can do a lot in your time frame. Stitch’s Great Escape - the ride - is permanently closed - is Meet Stitch a character greeting? Be sure to use mobile ordering for your food to maximize ride time.

I would try and get fastpasses for Peter pan, space mountain and big thunder as they will probably have the longest lines. Try and do some of the other popular rides when pirade is on at about 330 I think. But also look at meet and greats during pirade as kids will be watching them. We walked straight in with no wait to meet mickey before pirade hit that end of main street . Grab 4th fastpass for earliest of the other rides and keep refreshing to try and get earlier time. Every few seconds fastpass options will change

If you're looking for one to drop, Enchanted Tales with Belle. It's lovely but a time eater. With your list, I would try:

Peter Pan (FP)
Small World
Haunted Mansion (FP)
Philharmagic
Under the Sea
Pooh Ride
Space Mountain (FP)
Laugh Floor
Meet Stitch (is he still there?)
Dinner at Crystal Palace (meet Pooh and Tigger)
Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Big Thunder (4th FP)

This would at least limit you losing time criss crossing the park. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter