Need help with strategy for 2 parks 1 day

luvpooh

oh bother!
My BF and I are taking his parents to WDW next week. They expressed an interest in doing Universal and IOA, but there's only 1 day for them to do it in. These are the rides they are interested in:

IOA -
Spiderman
Cat in the Hat
Poseidon's Fury (is it open?)
Jurassic Park River Adventure
Dudley Do Rights Ripsaw Falls
Popeye's Raft Ride

Universal -
Men in Black
Back to the Future
Kongfrontation or Twister or Earthquake
Jaws
T2
ET

Plus have lunch.

Is there any way they can do at least most of this? They will have park hopper tickets so going between parks wouldn't be a problem, and they will also be able to have multiple express passes at once.

The parks are open from 9 to 8 the day they are going. They intend to spend a full day. Any strategies? Any suggestions on how to attack this would be greatly appreciated! :)

Try this:

Start at IOA
Arrive before 8:30
Once the rope drops, go to Spiderman

Then do:
Cat in the Hat
Get a Universal Express ticket for Posideon's Fury
JPRA
Ripsaw Falls
Popeye

Your UE pass window should be open, so do PF.

Exit IOA and have some lunch.

Go to USF and check the queue times. Otherwise, do:
T2
Twister, Kongrfrontation, or Earthquake (whichever line is shorter, most likely Twister)

Since Jaws, MiB, and BTTF are relatively close, check the wait times. Get a UE ticket for the wait time that is the longest.

Do MiB (single rider line), then the other ride, and then the ride that you got the UE ticket for.

If you are going to spend the entire day in the park, try to hit the rides either before 11:00 am or after 4:00 pm. Lines for most rides tend to be the lowest near opening or closing. You might want to check out some of the shows in the afternoon to avoid the long lines.

Barry, you da man!

Luvpooh, you will get absolutely soaking wet on Bilge-rat barges (GREAT ride, worth it). So you may want to bring a change of clothing, footwear and a towel so your folks can dry off! You can rent a locker at the front of the park if you don't want to lug the stuff around. It's no fun sitting in an air conditioned restaurant with wet clothes on.

Thanks Barry, I had a general idea, but needed a good plan of attack.

Renee, BF and I have been on Popeye's before, and trust me when I say we know how wet you can get! I swear my neck was sore for 2 days from the force of a wall of water that fell on my head!

They have been forewarned....if they don't heed the advice it's their tough luck ;)

Nicole

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter