Need help with touring plan - 1 day DL and 1 day DCA

*I'msoooBelle*

Mouseketeer
Hello there!
Going over the weekend for the very first time and would like to get your guidance as DL experts on a good touring plan for thrill seekers. We‘ll be visiting DL for a day and DCA the second day. Thank you soooo very much in advance!! And also, please also share a dining experience we must do as first-timers. Much appreciated!!!

Hello there!
Going over the weekend for the very first time and would like to get your guidance as DL experts on a good touring plan for thrill seekers. We‘ll be visiting DL for a day and DCA the second day. Thank you soooo very much in advance!! And also, please also share a dining experience we must do as first-timers. Much appreciated!!!
Not an expert by any means, but we did DL first time in August. The biggest thrills at DL are going to be similar to WDW Magic Kingdom plus Galaxy's Edge, with the addition of Indiana Jones ride. The day I went on my own, i took the Adventureland rope drop route and started at Indiana Jones. I would have went to Jungle cruise next, but my ride broke down as I was about to get off and felt like I had to just keep going down the row (you walk past JC to get to IJ), beyond that, you can do Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Star Wars, and big thunder mountain all in a row, which kinda loops around the west side of the park. I did all that by noon with 2 single rider rides on Millennium Falcon - this was the only single rider I did. After that, you can hit up Tomorrowland for Space Mountain, buzz and speedway, then over to Matterhorn on your way to toon town where you'll have to do Roger Rabbit and the gadget coaster. The rest of the rides in the park are small world next to toon town entrance and the Fantasyland rides. Depending on how much time you have, check out the rides not at WDW first - snow white, mr toad, storybook rides, and Alice in wonderland, followed by the ones that are similar tea cups, dumbo, carrousel and Peter pan.

At DCA, everyone rope drops Cars. And really, it's a good thing to do if you're at the front of the pack. Then Guardians and web slingers in avengers campus, incredicoaster are probably the top thrills. Unfortunately, they're all over the park unlike DL where you could move quickly from one ride to the next.

In DCA, lunch at Lamplight Lounge Is awesome. They have great food with cool views.

In DL, Cafe Orleans and Blue Bayou are both great places to eat.

Enjoy your trip!

Not an expert by any means, but we did DL first time in August. The biggest thrills at DL are going to be similar to WDW Magic Kingdom plus Galaxy's Edge, with the addition of Indiana Jones ride. The day I went on my own, i took the Adventureland rope drop route and started at Indiana Jones. I would have went to Jungle cruise next, but my ride broke down as I was about to get off and felt like I had to just keep going down the row (you walk past JC to get to IJ), beyond that, you can do Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Star Wars, and big thunder mountain all in a row, which kinda loops around the west side of the park. I did all that by noon with 2 single rider rides on Millennium Falcon - this was the only single rider I did. After that, you can hit up Tomorrowland for Space Mountain, buzz and speedway, then over to Matterhorn on your way to toon town where you'll have to do Roger Rabbit and the gadget coaster. The rest of the rides in the park are small world next to toon town entrance and the Fantasyland rides. Depending on how much time you have, check out the rides not at WDW first - snow white, mr toad, storybook rides, and Alice in wonderland, followed by the ones that are similar tea cups, dumbo, carrousel and Peter pan.

At DCA, everyone rope drops Cars. And really, it's a good thing to do if you're at the front of the pack. Then Guardians and web slingers in avengers campus, incredicoaster are probably the top thrills. Unfortunately, they're all over the park unlike DL where you could move quickly from one ride to the next.

In DCA, lunch at Lamplight Lounge Is awesome. They have great food with cool views.

In DL, Cafe Orleans and Blue Bayou are both great places to eat.

Enjoy your trip!
Thanks so much for sharing!

Where are you staying? Harbor side or one of the Disney hotels? I noticed in the thread above, it was saying to get to the park 30 minutes before park opening. I was there about an hour and 15 minutes early each day, so was always at the front of rope drop. I got boarding groups each day while standing in line, they open security about 45 minutes before park opening, then the park gates about 30 minutes before park opening, then went straight to the rope drop points. As a family, the first day we did the Fantasyland rope drop route, but if you're there for thrills, I'd definitely go the Adventureland route I mentioned.

Where are you staying? Harbor side or one of the Disney hotels? I noticed in the thread above, it was saying to get to the park 30 minutes before park opening. I was there about an hour and 15 minutes early each day, so was always at the front of rope drop. I got boarding groups each day while standing in line, they open security about 45 minutes before park opening, then the park gates about 30 minutes before park opening, then went straight to the rope drop points. As a family, the first day we did the Fantasyland rope drop route, but if you're there for thrills, I'd definitely go the Adventureland route I mentioned.
Staying at the JW Marriott and planning to take an Uber or Lyft to the park entranc.

Staying at the JW Marriott and planning to take an Uber or Lyft to the park entranc.
Cool. For part of our trip we stayed at the Cambria a little further from the parks than the JW, but JW looked really nice. Walking is doable in about 15-20 minutes, but why use leg energy before hitting the parks. 🤣

Reading through that linked post, it looks like the guy got a good rope drop spot by showing up after 730, but for me personally, not being familiar with the parks, I liked getting there early and waiting at the front of the pack.

Anyway, enjoy your trip!

If you are not park hopping you definitely want to prioritize getting ROTR BGs on your DL day. 7:00 AM and if you are unlucky at that time then 12:00 PM. Since you can’t park hop you will only be able to ride it one time and WS one time. ROTR is definitely an experience you don’t want to miss, even if you aren’t a Star Wars fan.

I’m not a big thrill seeker, but GotG and Incredicoaster are probably the most thrilling rides at CA. You hopefully won’t have a problem riding them multiple times. You definitely want to ride RSR and should try to rope drop it with everyone else. If not, try the SR line later in the day.

At DL you probably want to prioritize Indiana Jones and Space Mountain. Maybe the Matterhorn. If you like drops and don’t mind getting wet, Splash Mountain (also at CA Grizzly River Run has a decent drop but can get you very wet).

Personally I really like blue milk in GE, and prefer it from the milk stand. Corn dogs are also really good and available at both parks. At CA I always get a Boardwalk Parfait. The churros are also always good. I know that’s not exactly dining, but I don’t usually eat at the restaurants. It is QS and snacks most of the time for me.

Be ready to grab boarding groups at 7am sharp for each day. If you miss it, try again at noon. Rope drop Adventureland at DL, be there ~30 mins early. Knock out Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain. At DCA rope drop Radiator Springs Races, again be there ~30 mins early. After that I'd head to either Guardians or Toy Story Midway Mania/Incredicoaster.

If you don't want to use Uber or Lyft
Note that you are about half way between Toy Story Parking Lot (free bus ride) and just walking to the park entrance. TSP may be a bit shorter.

ME

If you are not park hopping you definitely want to prioritize getting ROTR BGs on your DL day. 7:00 AM and if you are unlucky at that time then 12:00 PM. Since you can’t park hop you will only be able to ride it one time and WS one time. ROTR is definitely an experience you don’t want to miss, even if you aren’t a Star Wars fan.

I’m not a big thrill seeker, but GotG and Incredicoaster are probably the most thrilling rides at CA. You hopefully won’t have a problem riding them multiple times. You definitely want to ride RSR and should try to rope drop it with everyone else. If not, try the SR line later in the day.

At DL you probably want to prioritize Indiana Jones and Space Mountain. Maybe the Matterhorn. If you like drops and don’t mind getting wet, Splash Mountain (also at CA Grizzly River Run has a decent drop but can get you very wet).

Personally I really like blue milk in GE, and prefer it from the milk stand. Corn dogs are also really good and available at both parks. At CA I always get a Boardwalk Parfait. The churros are also always good. I know that’s not exactly dining, but I don’t usually eat at the restaurants. It is QS and snacks most of the time for me.
Wonderful advice! Thank you so much for taking the time to share it.

Be ready to grab boarding groups at 7am sharp for each day. If you miss it, try again at noon. Rope drop Adventureland at DL, be there ~30 mins early. Knock out Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain. At DCA rope drop Radiator Springs Races, again be there ~30 mins early. After that I'd head to either Guardians or Toy Story Midway Mania/Incredicoaster.
Will do! Would you ride Matterhorn and Space Mountain before heading to Adventureland or after? Thanks for sharing and for taking the time!

If you don't want to use Uber or Lyft
Note that you are about half way between Toy Story Parking Lot (free bus ride) and just walking to the park entrance. TSP may be a bit shorter.

ME
Oh my goodness this is gold! I’m assuming we can walk into that parking lot from the street? Do you happen to have a picture or visual representation on where that entrance to the parking is located? And thank you so very much!!!

Are you doing DCA on Sunday? If so you will have to leave at 6pm due to Oooogie Boooogie Bash so try to get all the big things done first thing in the morning. I would suggest dinner at Black Tap in DTD once you leave DCA! It's our favorite!

Are you doing DCA on Sunday? If so you will have to leave at 6pm due to Oooogie Boooogie Bash so try to get all the big things done first thing in the morning. I would suggest dinner at Black Tap in DTD once you leave DCA! It's our favorite!
No, we are doing DCA on Monday. Thanks so much for the restaurant recommendation, we’ll check it out!!

Oh my goodness this is gold! I’m assuming we can walk into that parking lot from the street? Do you happen to have a picture or visual representation on where that entrance to the parking is located? And thank you so very much!!!
When we were at Cambria, we went by the Katella entrance to the parking lot and it didn't seem welcoming to pedestrians even with sidewalks leading in, but maybe we were just cautious tourists. Anyway, the Katella entrance is right across the street from the JW, here's a Google maps street view link looking into the parking lot, spin it around 180 and you'll see your hotel.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/wDYDrjPod8kryiDe9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter