Need Help!!!

diane@wpg.mb

Earning My Ears
As our trip draws near (going in Dec.) and this is our first time to Disney World, transportation is something we need to address. We are located in Canada in a very, very small city and our driving experience in a large city is very limited.

Our plans were to rent a car thru Alamo ( have to use this rental company as we are utilizing our airmiles) at the airport and continue from there to our hotel BUT after reading these threads we are having seconds thoughts.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Family Suites in Lake Buena Vista for 14 nights.

Our alternate plans are this:

Have Happy Limo pick us up at the airport and drive us to an Alamo location near our hotel (HIFS) and do the same for the way back. I have been to Alamo's web site and they have a rental location at Wyndham Palace in Lake Buena Vista.

My questions are:
- how far is HIFS to Wyndham Palace?
- is there another rental location for Alamo closer to HIFS?
- Or have we completely lost our minds and should just bite the bullet and pickup the car at the airport?

Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.:D :D :D

Well I would say if you're renting a car to go ahead and pick it up at the airport. Just be sure to take the southern route to WDW. Ask the person behind the counter to show it to you on the map they'll give you. That drive is not bad and the roads at Disney World are usually busier and as fast as that drive.

I would also get the car at the airport. When you pick up the car, the person assisting you usually asks you if you need directions. If they don't you can certainly ask them, and they usually give you detailed directions to WDW(sometimes even your hotel). If you happen to get off-track, don't worry-almost all roads lead to Disney (really!).

Sheri

Thanks for the replys. I have talked to a neighbor who has been to Orlando and said the driving was all that bad and picking up the car at Alamo was a breeze (sure hope he's right). Soooo, I guess the plan has changed again - pickup the car at airport.

Thanks again.

diane@wpg.mb...

not sure what size car you are getting, but i believe if you rent a compact they will give you a voucher for a character breakfast. i believe i heard this is for a child, but if you do not have children going, they should give you an adult, worth checking out anyway!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter