• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Help

MBurns

Firedog
I need help for a friend of mine and not sure were to start. Here is the situation, my friends have taken their grandchildren 1 at a time for a Walt Disney World vacation when they get to a certain age, this year they were planning on taking the last 2 grandchildren, Nov. 26 to Dec. 2nd. All the plans are set in place, only thing not finished is ADR's. My friend had not been feeling well since January, going to different Dr.'s with a cough and sore back and none of the Dr's were finding anything, finally an ER Dr. found she had gall stones so she had surgery about 3 weeks ago and spent several days in the hospital. Shortly after returning home they got the call that it was not gall stones, she had cancer. Praying it was just in the gallbladder and that the surgeons had been able to remove all of the cancer, but Friday August 5th they got the devastating news that the cancer was not only in the gallbladder but extensive cancer in the bones, the whole spin, femur, arms, tail bone, pelvis, sternum, collar bone, right shoulder blade and also the liver, lungs and stomach. They are at a loss and need all of the prayers they can get.

What I am looking for is trying to figure out how to help them cancel their vacation, or postpone, my problem is they did not go through a travel agent so they have no help with this. I am asking for pointers on how to help them out. I know they used their savings to make this trip possible for their grandchildren.

So sorry to hear of her situation.

If she booked directly through the Disney website, everything is fully refundable since it's more than 30 days out. She should be able to log in to My Disney Experience and cancel. Same goes for modifying if she has new dates in mind.

Perhaps she can give you her login information and you can assist her?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter