need hotel with pool :) Port Caraveral

dawne98

DIS Veteran
WE are getting into the 3 months until we go and time to get a room and I have been looking on line and going crazy lol

If anyone knows of a great hotel by the port that you would go to again let me know thanks:)

We are going to have our car so don't need a hotel with a park and ride we don't want to wait to be picked up and drop off.

We just did a B2B on the Dream and stayed at the Country Inn & Suites the night before. We did leave our car there because, for ten days, they charged us just $30 (the normal price for any cruise stay, it didn't go up because we did a double) whereas the Port parking wanted $150.

Got a nice room rate for about $78 incl taxes on Priceline and the room was wonderful. We arrived late at night and, in the morning, we could see the Dream from the window of our room.

Free hot breakfast in the morning was yummy. Free shuttle service was quick, efficient, and we had a very friendly driver, Crystal.

Everything was well worth it. Coming back, the wait time was negligable and we got to our car and on our way with no problem. I'd definitely recommend them!

We stayed at the La Quinta in Cocoa Beach a few miles from the port. They had a nice pool, beach access (even though it was a little dirty - not the hotel's fault at all) and a great breakfast in the morning.

We are going to book again for our cruise in April. Hmm, come to think of it I should go do that now!! :goodvibes

We stayed at the Radisson a couple of years ago and would have no problem staying there again. And if a pool is important to you, they do have a fantastic pool (and even a poolside bar!). The rooms are a little dated, but if it is just one night and other factors such as the pool are important, that can be easily tolerated.

Another satisfied guest at the Country Inn and Suites - and they have a nice pool. We've stayed there four times and used their shuttle each time - no long waits to be dropped off or picked up. They are quick and efficient with it should you decide to use their shuttle service.

If you do want to use their shuttle service, be sure to call on the morning you're arriving at the hotel so you can get on the shuttle list for an earlier drop off time (or whatever time would be in accordance with your DCL boarding time) as they fill the shuttles up first-come, first-signed-up and they shuttle to more than one ship (although they try to group all the DCLers on one shuttle and the Carnivalers or the other, etc.) to be more efficient in getting people to the port. We didn't call ahead and arrived at 6 p.m. and were on a 12:30 shuttle over - it wasn't too late, but I would've liked to been there earlier.

We stayed at the La Quinta in Cocoa Beach a few miles from the port. They had a nice pool, beach access (even though it was a little dirty - not the hotel's fault at all) and a great breakfast in the morning.

We are going to book again for our cruise in April. Hmm, come to think of it I should go do that now!! :goodvibes

This is the one I was looking at and good to hear that someone liked it:) on the day we go up to PC May2 it's my DD's 14th b-day and she is asking we get a hotel on by the beach.
Thank you all for your help:)

Take a look at the Courtyard Marriott in Cocoa Beach. You can walk to the beach, they have a pool, and they are the sister hotel to the Hampton Inn next door. We along with a bunch of other people walked next door to take advantage of their free breakfast. I don't know if we were supposed to or not but we were following the crowd!

This is the one I was looking at and good to hear that someone liked it:) on the day we go up to PC May2 it's my DD's 14th b-day and she is asking we get a hotel on by the beach.
Thank you all for your help:)
When I went to book yesterday I realized that there are 2 La Quintas. The one on Hendry Ave has the pool and the beach! We're all booked for April. :thumbsup2

Another Radisson fan here...

We stayed there on November 25 (saw the Mars Rover launch from our room!) before our Magic cruise and again on December 3 before our Dream cruise. We had a king whirlpool suite for a reasonable rate ($150+/-, I don't remember exactly), and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Their pool area is great, they also have a koi pond so you can watch the fish. We dinner in their restaurant the first time (very good, but not cheap) and next door at Zachary's for dinner the second time, which was great and not expensive. The suite had a kitchenette, so we had breakfasts and lunches in our room.

We plan on staying there again the next time we're in Port Canaveral.

Beth

Radisson's pool April 2011

DSC00082.jpg

We plan on staying here for our upcoming cruise in Nov. As we only stay one night, the pool is very important for our daughter.

The Ron Jon is on the beach and has a great pool with a lazy river and a water slide :thumbsup2. About a 3 minute drive to the port too :goodvibes

Thanks tstobb! We already have the Ron Jon booked for a couple of days before our cruise in April and I'm glad to get a positive response. Tripadvisor has good reports on it which always helps. We're only renting a car for 2 days before and then taking DCL transfers back to the airport after the cruise, so we just wanted a place with an awesome pool. We ended up booking a 2 bedroom villa with a AAA rate. Can't wait for April! :banana:

We just stayed at the Discovery Beach Resort and really liked it. Every room has a beach view and it is a short walk down a path to the beach. We had a 2 bedroom suite for only $135 a night. Only problem is the pool is on the parking lot side, not beach side but it didn't bother us.

Ron Jon's has by far the best pool and you can either walk or take their shuttle to the beach. Great rooms but can be expensive, depending on the time of year. We've stayed here several times and is the kids favorite hotel.

Hampton Inn is right on the beach, has an ok pool and free breakfast everyday. We've stayed there many times, good place.

The Raddisson's pool is very nice but it isn't my favorite hotel but I would stay there again. Just not my first choice.

The Doubletree is also nice and on the beach but it was hit by a storm and is being repaired. I should be open again in 3 months.

You will love Cocoa Beach no matter where you stay. It's a great beach

[Thanks I'll look into the Discovery beach resort:)[/B]
We just stayed at the Discovery Beach Resort and really liked it. Every room has a beach view and it is a short walk down a path to the beach. We had a 2 bedroom suite for only $135 a night. Only problem is the pool is on the parking lot side, not beach side but it didn't bother us.

Ron Jon's has by far the best pool and you can either walk or take their shuttle to the beach. Great rooms but can be expensive, depending on the time of year. We've stayed here several times and is the kids favorite hotel.

Hampton Inn is right on the beach, has an ok pool and free breakfast everyday. We've stayed there many times, good place.

The Raddisson's pool is very nice but it isn't my favorite hotel but I would stay there again. Just not my first choice.

The Doubletree is also nice and on the beach but it was hit by a storm and is being repaired. I should be open again in 3 months.

You will love Cocoa Beach no matter where you stay. It's a great beach

The Marriott Residence Inn is also a great hotel to stay near the port...nice pool, great suite rooms, free breakfast. The Country Inn & Suites, the Marriott Residence Inn and the Radisson are all near each other.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter