Need Ideas--Dirty Santa Game

luvsJack

DIS Veteran
Ok, I know these question have been asked before but mine is a little specific.

Dh's family has decided to do Dirty Santa instead of exchanging names. The adults will each bring a gift for $10 and the kids (teen/preteen) will bring one for $5.

So, I need ideas in those ranges that will do for male or female. No lottery tickets and no alcohol. (not that you could get much alcohol for $10 or less anyway). I am one of the few readers in the family so not sure books would be something anyone would want. Everything else seems like its specific in gender.

In the $5 range for the teen/preteen gift, I am really clueless. DD's first thought was an Itunes Card but the lowest denomination is $10. DD and one other cousin are the only two that really drive and would use a Starbucks Card (although I thought about doing that and dd could "steal" it from whoever opens it!)

All ideas welcome! TIA!

What about oven mitts, dish towels or kitchen utensils? I know plenty of guys that do the cooking in their families. Gas, Target, grocery store, Amazon GC though I'm sure that's a given. Movie night basket? You could probably get a two-liter, microwave popcorn, box of candy & Redbox GC for under $10.

I think I paid less than $5 last year for a small set of Apples to Apples cards. All the young teen and tween aged kids in my family seem to like basketballs or soccer balls.

In my family we have 9 kids under 18 and the kids have drawn names some years because some of the younger ones have a hard time understanding the stealing and could get disappointed.

For adults, I recommend a cheap electric screwdriver.

We do Dirty Santa with my husbands family every year, but we have a $15 limit. I usually get a gift card (lots of times I get a $10 Chick Fil A gift card and buy the calendar and wrap them together…they get money, plus free stuff). I tend to buy a couple of gifts (we need 4) right after Christmas to use for the next year. Last year I got a money sorter (75% off) and I am going to put a bag of change with it. I also got a 4 piece set of grilling tools 75% off that I saved for this year (from end of summer sale).
I would think that you could get a kids/teen DVD on Black Friday. I have seen them advertised for under $5. $5 gift cards to favorite ice cream places or stores are good.

Thanks all! I have made a list and when dd and I go shopping we will see what we can get.

I am really thinking gift card for the tween/teen group. Chik Fil A or McDonalds probably.

For the tween/teen set we do food. Giant bags of M&M's, gummy bears, etc. For the adults, my go to gift is the Open It (all purpose tool). Everyone uses that at Christmas.

We go to a couple of parties, and have one at our house, every year and the biggest hit for the $5 grab for the kids is five boxes of candy from the dollar store. It gets stollen every time someone opens a new gift. They love getting these.

More preteen ideas:
frozen yogurt gift card (Do you have an Orange Leaf nearby?)
cans of silly string (Dollar Tree usually sells)
small nerf gun?

Adult ideas:
--Wreath organizer/storage box
--Wrapping paper storage box
--Wrapping paper and tape! (if it is before cmas, otherwise you could do birthday themed paper and tape)
--Car Wash ticket
--Package of cfl lightbulbs (who else hates spending their money on stuff like that?)

One gift I gave once that you could easily do for ten bucks is this
-paper plates, plastic cups, napkins, plastic forks. Stacked and wrapped with ribbon and a tag that says "This Christmas our gift to you....is having fewer dishes to do!"

You can usually get the small bag sets of Legos for $5 or less. Everyone loves a toy to play with at Christmas!

Five Below has a good game selection for 5 bucks.

Any kind of gift card for the adults.

For the 5 dollar - Target has little LED light up trees that plug into your computer. very cute

Many times you can go to the restaurant its self and get a smaller amount gift card. Places like McDonalds or Taco Bell or a Dairy Cream. Fun foods is also good. Sour Candy, Gourmet popcorn etc. Another idea is a fun movie that everyone might like. Adults, pretty much the same, except make it good chocolate instead if fun candy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter