Need ideas on what to do with a shadow box picture frame

Fantasmic23

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the
I was in A.C. Moore the other day and on a whim, I bought a 12x12 sheet of Mickey Mouse-themed paper in the Scrapbooking aisle. It was so cute (red background with black Mickey ears) and so affordable (99 cents) that I couldn't pass it by.

When I returned home, I discovered a black 8x10 shadow box frame (still wrapped in plastic) in my hall closet, originally intended for another project that died on the vine years ago. I looked at both the Mickey paper and the shadow box frame and thought, "There's a project here somewhere." But what? I thought about cutting the paper and gluing it to the back of the frame ... And then I don't know what to do.

I am planning on re-decorating our tiny half bathroom in a Mickey Mouse theme (I recently ordered some Mickey bathroom products from Target) and I thought that this shadow box could serve as artwork for the room. I just don't know what to fill the shadow box with. The shadow box seems too deep to fill with a picture from our recent WDW trip. I guess it all comes down to that I really don't know what shadow boxes are for.

Can anyone give me and suggestions? Thanks! :)

Someone suggested on another thread using the shadow boxes to display your pin trading collection. If you choose to do that with the Mickey paper, it'd be very Disney and artsy! Good luck! :thumbsup2

Ive done pins but I also did Mini micky and minnie mouse figures in them. Looked really cool, I cut out elements and stuff to give it a 3d feel. Looked neat.

I use shadow boxes for displaying my pin collections. I choose a disney themed paper that goes with the pins and use that as my background. For my pirate themed pins I have an awesome paper that looks like an old map of the ocean. My partriotic pins, red, white and blue stars, for my Grumpy pins I used a snow white and the seven dwarves paper, for my piglet pins, obviously piglet paper and for my general pins I just used a some mickey themed paper. They really look great.

I did a Tim Holtz project for mine:

here is his
6a00e39827d9ad88330120a545e7d7970c-800wi

I will go snap a pic of mine. It's not done yet, but it's close.

mine:

I did a canvas for each park, I need to add some stuff to Epcot and MGM. I also have shadow boxes that I'm going to do for each park. I'm going to hang the Dream charms with fishing wire so they float in the space.

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0134-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter