• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need info for June Trip

Carrie25

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We're looking at going on a June 07 trip and wonder what the weather is like. We're from Orlando so i'm sure it can't get any hotter than here. Also is the park and Disney Hotels crowded. Any info would be great.

Thks

We were there over Memorial Day weekend for 5 days.

The weather was NOTHING like Orlando. You will love it, lol! It was mid to high 80's, but no humidity! In addition, mornings in June are always overcast, or so I was told. They call it June Gloom. It made the mornings cooler...you get heat, but it's more like desert heat where it's just mid-day. The evenings were cool enough that we took along one of those zip-up blankets for times when we were waiting for parades and shows.

I've only been to Orlando once, but I'd guess that early June in CA is similar to early April in FL.

June is nice. As the previous poster said we do suffer from June Gloom and the sun does not come out till the afternoon. There will be many school kids there with end of year field trips and also So. Cal select pass holders using their pass for the last time till August. I can say I will be there as I am one of those pass holders. We are planning our trip out to just be able to use the pass. But have patience and you can make it.
Also grad nights happen then and the parks could close about 8 or 9. Not open till Midnight.

HTH

It will definately be different for the Florida humidity and heat!! LOL It will get warm but no humidty plus you might want to bring jackets or sweaters for the evenings when the sun goes down it can get down right chilly in the evenings.

Disneyglobegirl said:
It will definately be different for the Florida humidity and heat!! LOL It will get warm but no humidty plus you might want to bring jackets or sweaters for the evenings when the sun goes down it can get down right chilly in the evenings.

I definitely agree with this! We've been there a few times in early June and will be back this June, and some days have been too cool for us to wear shorts and we were definitely glad to have jackets in the morning & evening. The June Gloom didn't bother us at all as I definitely prefer it to the heat/humidity of TX or FL!

We were there for almost the whole of August in 1004 and most days the sun didn't appear till lunchtime though it was still lovely and warm. The nights are cooler in August as well as we had to buy a sweatshirt as we had only brought a cardigan with us.
We will be there from 30th June this year for 18 nights and the weather will be a lot nicer than when we were in Orlando at the same time last year when it was very humid and lots of storms!!!
Love Ella

I am planning a trip from June 8-12 (Thur-Mon). I checked Disneyland's website but did not see anything regarding the special events or dates for grad nights. Is there a website that would list Grad Nights at Disneyland? Is there a number to call at Disneyland to find out the dates? I appreciate any info.

Baloo2003 said:
I am planning a trip from June 8-12 (Thur-Mon). I checked Disneyland's website but did not see anything regarding the special events or dates for grad nights. Is there a website that would list Grad Nights at Disneyland? Is there a number to call at Disneyland to find out the dates? I appreciate any info.

Okay, I hadn't even considered Grad Nights at DL...it's our first trip and I haven't a clue. We're going to be there June 3-7...anyone know how Grad Nights might affect us? It's the first Saturday of June through Wednesday, so I'm hoping the parks will be open late enough on the weekend and since it's the beginning of the week won't be affected.

Thanks for the info!

Some one a couple of month's ago post the schedule for 2006 and I think it was every Thursday over a 4-6 week period. You may want to search.

Jack pirate:

I am 90% sure Grad's Night is June 22nd! So it sounds like you are safe.

blackjackdelta and Churro...thanks for the info...I will do a search on the board and see what I can find...in the mean time, if you find the thread, would you please post a link? Thanks!

I posted a gradnite e-mail that comes from Disney Customer Service and their gradnite link yesterday. You may want to check it out.

Jack pirate:

blackjackdelta said:
I posted a gradnite e-mail that comes from Disney Customer Service and their gradnite link yesterday. You may want to check it out.

Jack pirate:

Thanks! I found the thread with the dates listed...looks like we should be in good shape since the thread I found listed only Thursday nights from mid May to late June...we're coming in on a Saturday and leaving Wednesday. I hope that is how it stays.

Thanks again!

momsgoofy said:
Thanks! I found the thread with the dates listed...looks like we should be in good shape since the thread I found listed only Thursday nights from mid May to late June...we're coming in on a Saturday and leaving Wednesday. I hope that is how it stays.

Thanks again!

I may not be familiar enough with this forum's features, but where did you find Jack's e-mail and link? I appreciate your help!

Please ignore my post above. I was able to find Jack's link. Thanks for everyone's help,

Thanks for your help. It looks like maaybeeee only Thursdays are affected, but they may have the option of going the following days also. I hope they just go for the one night deal. If that is the case it won't affect us that much. Thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter