Need info on Comfort Inn - Lake Buena Vista

B3LM

Disney Fan
We've decided to take a last minute trip to WDW over our Easter break. Since we're trying to do this trip on a very limited budget, we've decided to stay off-site.

Please tell me about the Comfort Inn in Lake Buena Vista. We're considering the kids suite which has 1 queen, 1 set of bunk beds, and a junior bed. That sounds perfect to us because we have 3 children (8, 5, and 2 1/2).

If anyone has stayed here before, please tell me all about it.
Thanks!
Beth

Very large...very basic hotel in a great location in LBV.....It is not a luxury hotel but looks clean and the if the price is right, you are right next to Disney east entrance and lots of good restaurants in LBV...good luck...Ted

I am also interested in anyone's experience with this hotel. Thanks.

My kids and I stayed at the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista in a standard room in April 1999. The price was great (AAA $28.76/night), but the room itself needed renovating. There wasn't even an alarm clock in the room! The suites are newer, so they are probably in better condition. The LBV location is very nice.

Deleted, due to fact that I sent the wrong information.. IE Comfort Inn NOT Country Inn.. they were right next to each other on the email.. Sorry to mislead, and thanks for pointing it out.. whoever it was...>
>

Thanks for the great info!

Cindy B, the continental breakfast isn't included in the nightly rate is it?
The transportation doesn't sound very good - I'm glad we'll have our own vehicle and free parking at WDW because of our annual passes.

Beth

Re: Breakfast in the room.. yes it he did say it was included.

anyone stay there recently? have a price of $51 a night for next weekend but dont want to
go there if it isnt nice. I have 2 young children, will bring a pack and play for the youngest.
Also am looking at holiday inn family suites for 129 and buena vista suites king suite for 110.
Thanks

My kids and I stayed there in April 2001. The room was large and clean. There was an alarm clock, coffee pot and refrigerator. The pool we used was in good repair with ample lounge chairs. This hotel is just around the corner from hotel plaza blvd. We paid $32 nightly and thought it was a great deal.

Hi there,

Pretty basic hotel, convenient to WDW. One little tip - when we tried to get in without a reservation in October of 1995, the hotel was full. We were bumped to a "sister" hotel, which turned out to be the Clarion Plaza hotel on International Drive, right beside the convention centre. We were bumped to what was essentially a 4 star hotel, for the same rate as the Comfort Inn - you can imagine how surprised we were!!! We got "bumped" again in 1996 from the Rodeway Inn on I drive to the Omni Rosen (right beside the Clarion). In 1998 we tried to get bumped (had to go back a few times to the Rodeway before they were full!). It was difficult in 2000 - the best bump we got was one night at the Clarion. I think the advent of Priceline has made the bumping tougher to get. If I were you, I would try bidding on a 3* in the Universal area through Priceline - it appears that the Rosen and Wyndham are coming up in the $30 range and are much nicer (if less conveniently located) hotels. Have fun!!!!

I've looked up this property and now I'm a little confused.

Cindy B - Are you booked at the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista or the Comfort Suites Maingate?

I don't see mention of breakfast at the Comfort Inn LBV or the mention of King suites.

Just want to make sure I have the right info with the right hotel properties.

Thanks,
Carolyn

Greetings,
My wife and I have stayed at the Comfort Inn the past (2) years and plan
to make it the trifecta this year. We got a $32 dollar rate plus the perks that come
with being a Choice Priveleges member. You will get a lot of hot and cold on this
hotel depending on what you are used to in terms of accomodations. This hotel is not
the Ritz but we have found the rooms to be clean and you cannot beat the location.
There are plenty of restaurant options close by and the Crossroads shopping center
is around the corner on SR535. The pool is pretty standard but the area was well kept up.
If you are staying at this property I would recommend that you request
a room on the Palm Parkway side of the hotel. The other side of the hotel faces
I4 and it may be somewhat noisy. I would also recommend that you rent a car
and not depend on the Shuttles. This way you can come and go as you please and
not be tied to a schedule. Third, sign up for the Choice Privelges program online.
It offers perks during your stay and you can gain points toward sky miles or for
free nights at one of the Choice hotels.
Like I said if you are just looking for a clean room to recuperate from
a long day of theme park touring then I think you will be satisfied. Feel free
to e-mail me direct if you would like any additional information.

Kevin ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter