Need info on renting/trading DVC

Mdtigger99

Mouseketeer
I've been trying to do a trade with MS to Grand Cayman for March 2002. We were not able to get one for 2001 and 2002 looks like it might be the same. I've read on this board (some time ago) that some people were able to rent or trade on their own, not through DVC. I would like to learn how to do this. Is there someplace that I could read up on the procedure? I would really like to be able to return to Grand Cayman and DVC just can't seem to get it done.

Thanks for any help

If you join TUG (timeshare user group) that have a forum to post requests for direct exchanges between members. TUG also has a wealth of information on the Timeshare industry in general, and great reviews of all the time share resorts. You can sign up on line at www.tug2.net

Cost is $15. to join. A great investment.

Good luck!

Just thought of another place you can try. The Yahoo group DVCRENT also allows you to post a message for a trade..just list what you have available to exchange and what you're looking for. Go to www.groups.yahoo.com
The DVCTALK group is also a another great group of people (quite a few who frequent this board too!) who like to discuss all things related to DVC.

Thanks very much for this great info. I'll join the TUG and try to get our Grand Cayman spring break. I'll try the Yahoo group next.

Thanks again!:cool:

Besides TUG, talk to some of the independent exchange companies. A list can be found at List of exchange companies. I would think that SFX would be your best bet. Also, it's still early for 2002, I would suspect you're chances of getting what you want are still very good assuming you have an ongoing request that is not too restrictive.

Thanks Dean, I'll be sure to check this out also. Unfortunately, since I'm restricted to the schools spring break, I only have the weeks of March 10 and 17th to work with. Two weeks are better than one but it is still restrictive.

Since we never got our trade last year with DVC, I guess I'm worried that the same is likely to happen again this year. DVC was able to make a trade for us in 2000 and we really loved the island even though the accommodations at Plantation Village were getting a bit old. The place was clean and in a great location so we would go back again

You can do request first with Platinum Interchange and I think Dial an Exchange as well. SFX will do reqest first but only if you join at about $150 for 3 years. It's likely worth it, at least I thought so. I joined even though I belong to II. There are several resorts to consider besides those on the DVC list. The Royal is the top resort but a little isolated. The Grand Caymanian and both of the Morritts should be top choices. I'd bes a little concerned about Plantation Village and 7 mile resort. Don't know much about the Divi, Coral Sands or Indies Suites except that the Indies is Gold Crown and highly rated. The review of the Indies Suites are positive.

Another option is to Join SFX and deposit a 1 BR. That way they will give you a bonus week that trades almost like a regular week at a cost of $199-299 for the exchange. The regular exchange fee is around $100 using you're deposited week. They will also allow you to upgrade one unit size usually for free.

They also tend to get a good number of Ciboney weeks (Jamaica) which is now the new Sandels resort and is adult only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter