Need info on VWL - waitlist just came through !

Gus and Jaq

Earning My Ears
Hi !

We were just suprised by our confirmation from MS notifying us that our waitlist request for VWL just came through for a 2 BR in late August! We have never been to the WL, so I have a few questions :

1) Our confirm states we are in a dedicated 2BR - we did not request this, but now that I understand what this is, I sure do like the idea ! Is this guaranteed or can they give us the lock-off instead depending on availability when we check in ?

2) Should I make any other requests for location/view?
I seem to remember reading somewhere the dedicated 2BR's are on the 4th floor (?) - would this be pool or woods view ?

3) What type of activities do they have for children (besides the arcade) - I know there in no Community Hall. Any crafts, etc. ?

I appreciate any info you can share with us !
Thanks in advance !

Gus and Jaq,
Hi, we just returned from VWL for our first trip in May. Let's see if I can help. I can't really help with the 2BR lock off part, but my impression would be that all 2BR would be dedicated because it's the 1BR plus the studio combined. The only reason you would be concerned about a dedicated unit would be for reserving only the 1BR or only the studio and not wanting the lockoff door for extra noise. However, I'm not so sure it would be involved with the 2BR since its a combination of the 2. We had a dedicated 1BR listed on our reservation but it is dependent upon what's available at checkin. I was insistent about it so I waited until one became available later in the day so we could have gotten a room at 11am but chose to wait until 3pm for the dedicated unit. It was worth it.
We didn't have a pool view but we were on the 4th floor. I found our view was very peaceful and I don't believe there is a bad view in the place, but that's just my opinion.
As for kids activities, the arcade is just o.k. I have a 4yo so the games were not for her. It's definitely geared to a bit older kids. We did run into a storytime in the Mercantile gift shop with a CM in her pj's sitting in front of the fireplace reading stories to spellbound children. My daughter joined right in and had fun. They have some Lincoln logs in the waiting area of the Whispering Canyon cafe which you can use pretty much anytime. Other than that, my daughter enjoyed playing with the beach toys that are provided in the wooden box down at the beach, and on the swings. We also took her out on one of the small boats. You can also rent bikes with kid seats on the back or really small bikes for little kids with training wheels. Of course, the two pools, and the hot tubs. Other than that, it's an occasional surprise activity in the hallway. We were never bored.
Have a great trip to my "home".

Luv2Dream,

Thanks for your reply! It sounds like a wonderful place - we are really looking forward to giving it a try. We own at BWV and have only stayed there until this trip coming up in August. We will be there for 1 week and VWL for the following week .

I definitely would prefer the dedicated 2BR due to the 2 queen beds in the second bed room - so I will let them know at check in that I am willing to wait for one to become available as you suggested. Thanks for the suggestions on kids activities. I was able to get a look at some nice photos of the main pool area ... once my kids get a look at that, I think I will have trouble dragging them out to try anything else !

Another question for you all - has anyone done the tours they offer - either the lodge or smokehouse ?

:earsgirl:

I just can't follow what you are talking about...what exactly is a "dedicated" room?

There are two kinds of two bedrooms... dedicated and lock-outs. The lock-out has a two way "double" door between the second bedroom and kitchen/living room area that can be "locked" and be rented as a studio and a seperate entrance from the villa hallway. The dedicated does not have a door that locks and normally has 2 queens. The following link has a floor plan of a dedicated 2 bedroom.

http://dvc.disney.go.com/disneyvaca...modationsindex?id=WildernessAccommodationsGrp

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info 999ghsts ... that is what I was hoping to hear! Between the pool view and the woods view, which would you recommend ?

Has anyone done the tours offered at VWL ?

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter