Need Instructions For A Chocolate Fondue Fountain??

Mi3stooges

Never have an ordinary day ;)<br><font color=red>I
I just bought a Nostalgia Chocolate Fondue Fountain and the directions were missing. Does any one have this or something like it. The box says 2 bags of chocolate chipa and oil, but I don't know how much oil or what type.
I tried their web site, no luck and I searched a few search engines and can't find anything! Help....please!

Hi Wendy :)

I can't help you with the user manual for the chocolate fountain but I think you might have good luck finding someone that has the fountain over on the Community Board. I remember seeing several people that got one around Christmas time. I'm going to post the question over there linking back to this thread to see if anyone can help you out :)

Thank you...I will be calling the company Monday!!

I have one and used it just 2 weeks ago! I'll go get the instructions and be right back!

Instructions
Turn the switch on the right to start the heater on the chocolate fondue fountain. Let the unit warm up for at least 3-5 minutes before adding melted chocolate. While machine is warming up.....

Perparing Chocolate
The quickest way to prepare chocolate for the fountain is by melting the chocolate in the microwave first. Combine 3 cups of chocolate chips with 3/4 to 1 cup cooking oil. (You can add more oil after checking for thin consistency) other liquids maybe added at this time.

Place in microwave. Turn on Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes. When done, stir chocolate. If necessary, replace chocolate in microwave until melting is complete (another 2- 2 1/2 minutes).

NEVER ADD COOL OR COLD LIQUIDS TO THE MELTED CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN, THIS WILL STOP THE FLOW.

Chocolate needs to be completely melted and of thin consistency to allow proper flow. (Add more oil if necessary. Use large spoon to test consistency by how the chocolate drips from the spoon-too thick, add oil.)

Once the chocolate is completely melted, turn the motor switch on the Chocolate Fondue fountain to the on position, so the motor and heater are running at the same time.

Creating chocolate foundue fountain effect
Carefully pour the melted chocolate in the bowl at the base of the tower. The melted chocolate should be drawn under the tower and carried up the tower by the auger. Chocolate should then begin to flow from the top fo the tower and filter ove rthe sides evenly to the next tier and so on.

YAY! ZachnElli to the rescue! I knew that the DIS would come through for you Wendy! :woohoo:

Thank you so much!! How do you like this gadget?? What have you dipped into it??

It was too much chocolate for my small family (6) but it works great. I got mine at Walmart for about $30. The instructions said you could use Belgian chocolate and skip the oil.

Thats where I found mine. CVS had a cheaper one from the same company around Christmas for I think $20, maybe even the same price but not as nice. Always wanted to try it and found an excuse to buy it. I'm going to use it for my daughters birthday party. We already have the popcorn wagon and snow cone maker by them!! So her and about 16 friends will have a "carnival"!! :clown:

I bought one yesterday at Wal-Mart for my daughters' birthday party - Are they any good? How many people would one serving feed? I want to make sure I have enough chocolate. thanks!

I am allergic to chocolate, so very sorry I am not a big help. I would personally melt chocolate in a double boiler and then let people dip things in from there!

I was thinking of buying a chocolate fountain. How much of a pain and mess are they to clean? Thanks.

Hi
I also bought a Fondue Fountain recently, but I'm having a little problem... It makes a terrible noise when I turn the motor switch to the on position. Is that normal? I've tried to do it with no chocolate in it, so I could know if it was working or not... Is for a gift, that's why I haven't used it.

Does it stop when we put chocolate in it or will it continue?

Thank you very much for your help :)

I have never heard my mother's fountains do that- she has 2 and neither of them make too much noise while running.

The easiest way to get chocolate that works well in the fountains- buy the jarred fudge sauces and heat them in the microwave for 30 sec to a min (follow the instructions on the jar- 2 jars are good for a medium size fountain. Once heated just pour the chocolate in the fountain- it also works great with jarred carmel to make a caramel fountain.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter