Need Link to Mickey Tie-Dye Photo Instructions

quadaunt

Disney Devotee
Help (again). Could someone please post a link to the Mickey tie-dye shirt instructions with photographs of the various steps? I thought they were in the 'Design Tips' thread, but I've searched using all term configurations I can think of and come up empty handed. As always, many thanks.

I was hoping to make the shirts within the next few days, so......if anyone could help me out with those step-by-step photo instructions I would be most grateful. :thumbsup2

Thanks a bunch, Vicki! I thought I was going crazy as I knew there was such a thread! No wonder, though, as I was only searching in the DISign forum. I'm going to work on our shirts with my DNi9 so wish me luck! Thanks again!

does anyone have pics of the dye process?

we are doing these this weekend for our trip...I understand the outline, baste, rubberband concept...I don't understand how you keep Mickey from getting other dyes on him. Do you start dying middle (ie neck area) and out to Mickey or reverse of that Mickey to middle? I bought the "vibrant" kit at Michael's and it has squirt bottles, but I want to be sure not to squirt the wrong way.

THANKS
Chris

I have not made Mickey yet but I remember reading how to keep Mickey from getting other dyes on him. Dye Mickey first. After you have dyed him put a plastic bag over that section and rubber band it closed. Now you can dye the rest of the shirt and you shouldn't get any other colors on Mickey. Hope this helps. Vicki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter