Need new car seat

mum of two pirates

This is how I cook
my grandson will be outta his infant seat soon and I’m looking for a new seat to buy him. I want a 3 or 4 step seat. I do like the britax click, but some of the other seats look way more comphy. One thing I’d like is that it can redline if he falls asleep but I hear there not made like that anymore unless you unbuckle it recline it and then buckle it back in. What do you have and why? What do you like about it and not like? Could you also post a link from amazon so I can see the overall rate of it. Thanks so much.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N...e+car+seat&dpPl=1&dpID=51Kg8Rr0LOL&ref=plSrch I like the feet plate on this one.
https://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-G...scsubtag=7fa4b446022711e8b9e102d4353d21bf0INT

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...c4a0a8111e8bc7256cb78a039dc0INT&ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have 2 Britax clicktight car seats for my 3.5 year old. They are expensive but I have never one regretted the purchase. I have never found an easier installation and a tighter fit. Our does not move at all. It is very comfortable she says. I like that it has several recline positions for both rear and forward facing. The recline allows a better angel for your child and to fit properly in your car.

Britax is the best in my opinion. My youngest is now 14 so we are out of that stage. My oldest is 25. If I were to have a grandchild, I would only by Britax. I am not sure what you don't like about them, but they are rated the best for safety.

I have a graco slimfit...it was easy to install rear facing, but a pain the butt to install forward facing (but that had more to do with the tether location on my car than anything else). Like a previous poster said, the recline positions are about getting the right fit in the car.

We have a recaro in the other car, they make race car seats...but they are fairly big and can obstruct the view of your blind spots when positioned rear facing.

Britax is the best in my opinion. My youngest is now 14 so we are out of that stage. My oldest is 25. If I were to have a grandchild, I would only by Britax. I am not sure what you don't like about them, but they are rated the best for safety.
It’s not that I don’t like britax, I bought him a britax infant seat. I went into a store in Canada last weekend and the lady showed me the differences in the 3 they sell. I loved the click seatbelt part of it, I just thought it didn’t look as comfortable as some of the other seats as in the other seats have more foam pieces that come out around the head and down in the hip area. Britax were $559 up there and I know I can get a better price here. I’m looking for options to see what people like better. Some seats the chest belts twist on, others don’t Titan very well when you pull the strap for the chest and then other ones don’t seem to sit in certain cars very well and they seem to move around I’ve looked at a lot of seat and I am looking for opinions thanks for everybody’s advice

I’d recommend checking out Car Seats for the Littles recommended list- https://csftl.org/recommended-seats/#convertible . It’s a site run by child passenger safety technicians (“car seat techs”), who have real life experiences with seats and know what seats work best in different situations. What are kiddo’s stats? Any other backseat passengers? What vehicle(s)? Rear facing goals (all children should rear face until AT LEAST age 2, preferably as close to 4 as possible)? I’d also recommend checking out their Facebook group- you can always post all of the specifics of the situation on there and get suggestions that are tailored to your specific situation.

And I just realized you mentioned Canada, so here’s the list of recommended convertible seats for Canada- https://csftl.org/recommended-seats-canada/#convertible . If the seat is to be used in Canada by Canadian residents, you MUST purchase a Canadian seat. It is illegal to use a US seat in Canada unless you’re just visiting. And vice versa.

I have a Graco 4EVER for my son, which is easy to use and works well for us.

The best car seat is the one you can install and use correctly every single time. The majority of child injuries/deaths from car accidents can be attributed to improper installation/use of car seats.

We have the Maxi Cosi 85 but my in-laws just cannot figure out how to use it correctly so they have to get a different seat for their car. It's simple to install and uses the same buckling system as my Uppababy Mesa seat so I was very comfortable with it. I tried the Britax click-tight system and found myself questioning if I tightened the dial enough, so that one wasn't for me.

Thanks, I have spent so much time online looking at them that my head is on overload it feels, just going to look on consumer reports online. Going to babies r us tomorrow, hopefully I can get one tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter