Need opinion: 6 day or 5 day pass?

Tenkawa

A Model of a Modern Major General
I'm going go wdw in May, arriving at midnight, then on mears connect to Saratoga Springs. We are arriving on a Monday, travelling from the west coast.

We are checking out on the following Monday am, so have 6 full days available. I was thinking doing 5 days at the parks, and the Tuesday after arrival hitting up Disney springs and chilling.

The alternative, which only adds about $100 to the ticket cost (for 5 of us), is doing a park as well on the Tuesday, and doing disney springs a week later (we are going on a cruise then staying off property for 4 days after and doing non Disney things, so we have time to do springs)

What are people's thoughts? Would it be worth it to try to get to a park that day?

We like to get that extra park day. For $20 extra a ticket, even if you only go for 4 hours it still good value. I’m assuming with 5 park days you planned 1 day each park but 2 days in MK? That $20 will make park touring easier and/or avoid the need to ILL. Say you all love Guardians new ride (we did!), you‘d have another day to try for VQ and pop in to enjoy more of Flower & Garden festival. Or any park, ride or show you’d like to repeat or have a back-up plan for, like if Fantasmic or Harmonious got rained out you could use your ’short’ day for another chance.

Gives more options and you don’t need to use the whole day to make it worthwhile.

I would take the rest day. Check out springs, chill at the pool. It is a vacation after all

We haven't been to WDW since 2017, but isn't it possible to add an extra park day after you've made your 1st park visit....so buy 5 day park pass now, but perhaps be able to add an extra day later ?

We haven't been to WDW since 2017, but isn't it possible to add an extra park day after you've made your 1st park visit....so buy 5 day park pass now, but perhaps be able to add an extra day later ?
I am sure you could but since currently you have to book the park in ad ance, if it is a busy time you may not be able to get the park you want.

Thanks everyone for the replies. We are going to do the 5 day pass. Having a day to chill at the resort and disney springs is something the fam is wanting to do.

Considering booking tickets for Drawn to Life that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter