NEED QUICK ADVICE - It's raining this weekend - Should I switch Parks?

CableKC

DIS Veteran
We're going to DL this weekend. I targetted Disneyland on Saturday and DCA on Sunday since we prefer to enjoy the rides at Disneyland more for our first day.

Of course, both days will rain. But Saturday appears to have longer and more sustained rains throughout the day and night. Sunday will rain as well, but doesn't appear to be as bad compared to Saturday. Although both days will be raining, one day will likely rain less throughout the day.

Given that I'm more concerned about Ride Closures and simply getting too wet, should I switch the days where we go to Disneyland and DCA if we have a preference of one park over the other?

When there is rain, is there more rides at Disneyland that isn't closed? I assume more of the indoor rides will still operate, which means that even if it rains that we will still have something to do. Whereas, I would think the opposite at DCA.

What are your thoughts on going to either parks when it's heavily raining?

I’d keep it how you have it.

DCA can get REALLY shut down if it’s raining heavily, to the point that honestly only a handful rides will even be open. That puts a lot of pressure on the rides that are open and leaves people without much to do.

DL will have rides shut down, but the proportion of open rides is a lot better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter