• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~Need recommendation for DTD dining..we have never been....

joenan88

DIS Veteran
We are traveling next week and need some help finding a place to eat at Downtown Disney. We have never been before....can you please give me some suggestions? It is for 2 adults and 3 kids 7, 8 and 11...we want something with good food..thanks :)

i think your best bet with kids those ages is T-REX! i hear good things about it.
BUT ... personally, im really interested in hearing more about paradiso37 ..but your kids probably wouldnt enjoy it as much ..coz its mexican influenced and kids can be picky eaters!

For an affordable counter service style lunch/dinner try WOlfgang Puck Express. GREAT salads, pizzes, sandwiches, and pastas. Look up their menu and possibly others at Allears.net under dining

We were there in Feb with DD6 and DD14, we ate lunch at Wolfgang Puck Cafe and also at Raglan Road. The girls loved both, but especially loved WGPC. DD6 says its the best steak she's ever eaten and she managed all 10oz!!! :worship:

We ate at Captin Jacks. It was OK. Now that they've cut the lobster, I wouldn't bother. It really needs a rehab.

For a sit down meal I highly recommend TRex.
It is lots of fun...it can be loud...our kids loved it! We thought the service was excellent, the food was great and the atmosphere was a a lot of fun! They have a really fun *build your own dino* area which is fun but can definately ADD to your bill. ;) They also have an area outside that the kids can go and dig for dino bones (sort of like the Boneyard in AK).

For CS we love WPE (everything there is fabulous) and we also enjoy Earl of Sandwich.

If you want something sweet (and who doesn't:confused3)..Goofy's Candy Co has a really fun *build your own treat* and anything and everything that involves sugar.
Ghiradelli has the BEST ice cream. If you can walk by and resist the smell of the hot fudge, then you are a stronger person than I. :)

We ate at Wolfgang Puck's and really enjoyed it! You can sit outside and they have a big menu. I may be wrong but I think there was a kids menu too. Never been to T-Rex but that sounds fun too especially for kids

Wolfgang Puck's Express is great. So is Earl of Sandwich. I would avoid Fulton's Crab House. WE went there for a wedding reception and the food was so so.

My two DDs (7,5) enjoyed Rainforest Cafe over T-rex. I thought food was better at Rainforest. My favorite restaurant is Fulton's. If you like seafood, it is the best (and expensive) place to eat. Bongos was cool and food was great - but never took children there.

I would highly recommend Earl of Sandwich because their food tastes amazing and their prices are very fair for a dining location in Walt Disney World.

T-Rex's atomosphere is really cool. The dcs loved it, but I didn't care for the food. It was okay but way overpriced. You are paying for the atomosphere. Same thing goes for Rainforest. I like Raglan Road. Good food and fun atomospere...live music and dancing, too! Oh, and it has the best bread pudding!
As far as CS, WPE is the absolute best! In fact, I like it more than a lot of TS places! We usually eatt here a few times each trip.

We absolutely LOVED TRex, and I think with kids those ages, it will be awesome! We liked the food a lot and the atmosphere is fantastic! It's not on the dining plan, if that's a consideration.

The only places DH will eat at are Fultons and WPE...the rest he has no interest in and RR was terrible for us...

If you're looking for counter service, I ate at Earl of Sandwich last trip and it was delicious! My parents also raved about Wolfgang Puck Express.

Raglan Road - really pretty inside; food is great; shows are wonderful!

House of Blues - fabulous! A real favorite!

Ghiradelli's - awesome chocolate! :cloud9:

Earl of Sandwich - really terrific sandwiches on great bread - don't let the long lines scare you - they move you through quickly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter