Need Recommendations

Kenzientysmom

Mouseketeer
Hi all, we are planning on a low key labour day. We will be spending most of the day at Typhoon lagoon, but I would like to do a table service for dinner. We are staying at the Grand Floridian and we don't want to travel too far for dinner that night. Any recommendations on where to eat that day (not signature)

We already have booked:

Homecoming
Teppan Edo
California Grill
Grand Floridian Cafe
Cape May
Beaches and Cream
Whispering Canyon Cafe

If you didn't like Kona, I would do the Wave. Quick monorail ride to CR, it's casual, and the food and atmosphere are great.

We adore 1900 Park Fare! Even though it is a character meal, I've never been there with kids, only adults. The food is outstanding, especially for a buffet.

GF Cafe was very, very good for us earlier this year. I'd strongly consider it if the menu appeals to you.

The Wave. We ate there recently for the first time, all of our food was very good, my husband actually thought his meal was one of the best of the trip, we would absolutely go back again.

The Wave was good when we ate there (though that was a couple of years ago) and we'd go back.

Another vote for The Wave. It's the best kept secret at Disney, IMHO. But don't tell anyone!

I was so underwhelmed by our Kona dinner that I hesitate to go back for breakfast or lunch. We had breakfast at The Wave the same trip, and it was a much better experience all around there than Kona. So even though I haven’t had dinner at The Wave, given my overall experience, I’d go there for dinner without question.

Still, our best monorail loop meal that same trip was GF Cafe dinner followed closely by GF Cafe lunch/brunch. Among all monorail non-signature TS restaurants, it’s my favorite. I’d have a hard time going elsewhere, honestly

Being at GF, my first choice would have been Narcoossees, but you said you don't want signature.
So my vote goes to the Wave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter