• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~ Need Restaurant Recommendations ~

JustJamie

WDW Virgin
OK, my family and I are going to DWD for the first time in Oct./Nov.

I have settled (I think) on which park we are going to which days. So now I need to focus on were we need to eat.

So where are your "Must Eats"?

Here is our schedule so far...

30th - Arrive and do MK with MNSSHP that night
31st - MK
1st - AK with Gala Feast (1900 Fair Park) that evening
2nd - DHS
3rd - Epcot unless the girls need more MK
4th - Go home

OK:

MK = Crystal Palace

AK = Pizzafari or if a sit down Yak & Yeti or Rainforest

MGM = I never eat here if I can avoid it! :lmao: but Backlot if you must

Epcot = lots of places but Biergarten

I hope that you started to get ressies by now, most of the "top" places are already booked by now, by you can try calling each day looking for cancellations or using the trading/cancellation under the Disney restaurants thread. THis probably isn't the best thread to ask. But my favorites are Coral Reef, Le Cellier, Boma, Liberty Tree tavern (prior to character removal) and Kona Cafe at the poly.

Ohana's is a MUST DO. To us, driving 8 hours just to eat at Ohana's is worth it. We will be there Oct 4th - Oct 9th for free dining. (10 of us) We can't wait. This is what I think is good. Ohana's, Sci-Fi, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey, Japan, Coral Reef and Cape May Cafe Clam Bake. I wish we could stay 7 nights, but we are already keeping the kids out of school 4 days. That will be alot of work to make up. (all middle school age) We are just glad to have free dining.:woohoo:

Ohana's is a MUST DO. To us, driving 8 hours just to eat at Ohana's is worth it. We will be there Oct 4th - Oct 9th for free dining. (10 of us) We can't wait. This is what I think is good. Ohana's, Sci-Fi, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey, Japan, Coral Reef and Cape May Cafe Clam Bake. I wish we could stay 7 nights, but we are already keeping the kids out of school 4 days. That will be alot of work to make up. (all middle school age) We are just glad to have free dining.:woohoo:
Where is Ohana's?

Ohana's is at the Poly. Steak, chicken,pork,shrimp and alot of other things (all you can eat) It is wonderful. We go every time we travel to Disney. So worth it. This time we are eating there twice due to free dining in Oct. :thumbsup2

Boma's at AKL is one of the best if not the best Restaurant on property. And it is definately without a doubt the best value. Puts Ohana's to shame, which I still enjoy but it gets mixed reviews. Boma is amazing and recieves great reviews from critics and people on these boards. It is also a buffet, but the term doesn't do it justice and I was shocked at how amazing the food is. Its over all a lot fresher than ohana's i find, or any other similar food service at WDW. The food itself is so varied, there is so much to choose from and it varies from the exotic to things such as prime rib and macaroni. I just can not say enough. Regret that it took me so long to try it out.

I don't know how much you know about the Disney restaurant structure. There are table service (TS) and counter service (CS) locations. You may get ADRs (something similar to reservations) at TS locations. Many times ADRs are necessary to eat at TS locations. CS are first come first serve.

At MK our favorite TS is Crystal Palace. It is a buffet with seating at breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are Pooh characters that walk around the tables meeting guests. Our favorite CS tend to be Pecos Bills, Columbia Harbor House and Cosmic Rays. Just down the monorail from MK is Chef Mickey's (B and D) which young kids really like. Again a buffet with characters. Ohana is family style and on the monorail at the Poly. Band D are served there with characters at B.

DAK - Flame Tree Barbecue is a very good CS if you like barbecue. Tusker House has a buffet breakfast and dinner with breakfast having characters.

DHS - 50s Prime Time has home cooking with a 50s theme. The servers are your cousins, aunts, etc and ensure you have table manners and eat your veggies. The effect is often lost on young kids. Backlot Express and Pizza Planet are normal stops for us.

Epcot - has the widest range of restaurants. Biergarten (TS) and Sommerfest (CS) are the German and I like them. Biergarten has an oompah band at times with a dance floor. Kids tend to like to dance to the music and it is encouraged. The TS at the Mexico pavilion is pretty good with a good view of the park. The fish and chips at the England pavilion are pretty good inside or out.

There is a restaurant forum and I would guess the moderator will move the post. If so there will be a lot of input. Until then here is a link to menus by area to look at.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/disneydining.cfm

There are so many places we enjoy at WDW. A few I'd recommend are:

Biergarten in Germany at Epcot
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre in HS
Liberty Tree Tavern in MK

If you haven't made your ADRs you'll want to get them set up as soon as possible. Pick out a few restaurants you think you might want to try and call and see if you can get an ADR there. Also, you mentioned that you were going to MNSSHP, hopefully you've gotten your tickets already. I've heard, though I haven't looked myself, that the days around halloween are getting sold out.

I'm going to move this over to our restaurant board. You'll find lots of great recommendations and reviews over there.

I don't know how much you know about the Disney restaurant structure. There are table service (TS) and counter service (CS) locations. You may get ADRs (something similar to reservations) at TS locations. Many times ADRs are necessary to eat at TS locations. CS are first come first serve.

At MK our favorite TS is Crystal Palace. It is a buffet with seating at breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are Pooh characters that walk around the tables meeting guests. Our favorite CS tend to be Pecos Bills, Columbia Harbor House and Cosmic Rays. Just down the monorail from MK is Chef Mickey's (B and D) which young kids really like. Again a buffet with characters. Ohana is family style and on the monorail at the Poly. Band D are served there with characters at B.

DAK - Flame Tree Barbecue is a very good CS if you like barbecue. Tusker House has a buffet breakfast and dinner with breakfast having characters.

DHS - 50s Prime Time has home cooking with a 50s theme. The servers are your cousins, aunts, etc and ensure you have table manners and eat your veggies. The effect is often lost on young kids. Backlot Express and Pizza Planet are normal stops for us.

Epcot - has the widest range of restaurants. Biergarten (TS) and Sommerfest (CS) are the German and I like them. Biergarten has an oompah band at times with a dance floor. Kids tend to like to dance to the music and it is encouraged. The TS at the Mexico pavilion is pretty good with a good view of the park. The fish and chips at the England pavilion are pretty good inside or out.

There is a restaurant forum and I would guess the moderator will move the post. If so there will be a lot of input. Until then here is a link to menus by area to look at.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/disneydining.cfm

Wow! Thank you! Thank you! I had no clue about any of this. Great explanation.

Also, you mentioned that you were going to MNSSHP, hopefully you've gotten your tickets already. I've heard, though I haven't looked myself, that the days around halloween are getting sold out.

Yes, I got those a month ago. Thank you! :thumbsup2

OK:

MK = Crystal Palace

AK = Pizzafari or if a sit down Yak & Yeti or Rainforest

MGM = I never eat here if I can avoid it! :lmao: but Backlot if you must

Epcot = lots of places but Biergarten

We have never eaten at Biergarten, but have an ADR for our upcoming trip. I would be interested in hearing why not Biergarten?

Boma's at AKL is one of the best if not the best Restaurant on property. And it is definately without a doubt the best value. Puts Ohana's to shame, which I still enjoy but it gets mixed reviews. Boma is amazing and recieves great reviews from critics and people on these boards. It is also a buffet, but the term doesn't do it justice and I was shocked at how amazing the food is.

I have not eaten at Ohana, but I love, love, love Boma. My 6 yr old ds also loves Boma and asked me today if we would be eating there when we go in December.

MK - Liberty Tree Tavern

AK - Yak & Yeti

DHS - Brown Derby

Epcot - Electric Umbrella.

we usually opt out of parks for dinners, in the resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter