Need Reviews: Wyndham Cypress Palms

smi727

Mouseketeer
I just found an unbelievable deal for Wyndham Cypress Palms for our dates in December. It's just me and DH headed down as a little early Christmas present! We'll be spending most of our time in the parks but we do like to catch a few dinners off site to relax a little. So tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly!

I stayed there a year ago. Liked it very much. There are restaurants within walking distance (Macaroni Grill, Chilis, and a couple others). Our 2 bedroom condo was clean, quiet. No hard timeshare sell at check in. Very pleasant stay. We're going back again in November.

We've stayed there a few times, and will certainly stay there again in the future. Nothing really negative to say. It's very quiet and well maintained (last time we were there most of the rooms have been renovated, I'd guess they're done by now.) I don't think there are as many activities for kids as some places and, while the pool is very nice, it's not themed or anything (and no poolside bar), but for a place to sleep/relax when you're going to be at the parks most of the day anyway, I think it's great!

Lori

We love it there, stayed two weeks in 2007 in a two bedroom. Staying again for 2 weeks starting Sept 4th.

I just posted the same question on the review board. Almost the exact same wording too! LOL- I booked it based on the reviews.

We love Wyndham Cypress Palms. My last stay was 2 months ago.

The good:

-They have free wireless internet in all of the rooms!!!!!!
-The renovated rooms are really nice.
-Love the big whirlpool tub and the split bathroom in the one bedroom deluxe units (shower, sink, toilet in one room, whirlpool and sink in the master bedroom).
-Comfy bed and linens.

The bad:

-They have been so busy that they haven't been able to complete their renovations yet (as far as I know). Ask to see if you are in a recently renovated room (the buildings furthest from checkin). Their unrenovated rooms are so bad that I heard they lost their gold crown rating.
-There are not enough elevators. Some are very far from the rooms.
-The elevators and walkways can be very dirty. Trash bags get left on the walkways and the racoons tear them apart.
- I've heard about thefts from the cars in the parking lot (hubcaps). There is no security and a mobile home park behind the parking lot.
-Parking can be very tight. We usually end up with a long walk if we arrive back late.
-There is no chain on the door so the staff can enter at will (once they came in while I was in the tub). I bring a doorstop alarm now.

Important tip: There are dedicated two bedroom units, but many of the rooms are one bedrooms units that combine to make a two bedroom lock off. The smaller one bedroom is not very nice. The windows look out onto the walkways so there is less privacy. The kitchen in the smaller unit is supposed to be a full kitchen so I am always worried that if I book a one bedroom with a full kitchen I'd get into one of the small units. I asked at check-in and the desk staff said that if I book a full kitchen, I'll get the larger deluxe units (which I love), and that the smaller units are listed with a partial kitchen. I hope this is true, but I do always worry I'll get stuck in this smaller unit with no whirlpool or balcony.

Hi:
We were there April of this year and April of 2008. We have been very happy with both 2 bedroom units. The staff is very friendly and will go out of their way to serve you. The pool is always heated nicely. The units have been spotless both times.

We did not get free internet either time but we didn't ask either. The only drawback is the fact that they don't have a restaurant on property. However, there are a few within walking distance as well as a CVS.

I would not hesitate to stay again.

We stayed there about 2 years ago and we liked it. We had a one bedroom and I loved having the big soaking tub at the end of the day. I am very picky about where I stay and I don't have anything negative to say about it all! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter