Need room near Orange Lake Resort

mrsstats79

Mouseketeer
We will be driving down in April. Our check in at Orange Lake is Sunday but we will be arriving Saturday and need a clean, decent room for 1 night. Any suggestions?

Loads of Motels on Hwy 192 ( Hwy 27 End ) a 10 min or less drive from Orange Lake.

Plenty of eating places also there & Gas Stations & a Publix Again All within a 5 min drive

Have you considered just renting an extra night at OLR through Holiday Inn? I expect this is possible as most of the majors make hotel type reservations available at their affiliate timeshare properties. We have extended our stays at Sheraton's Vistana Resort by booking single nights direct with Sheraton through their site. By linking them together we have been able to stay in the same unit throughout.

yes we stay at holiday inn at the check in at otange lake building, the first and last night, very convenient. 1 bedroom has kitchen and open floor plan and can still use river lake.

yes we stay at holiday inn at the check in at otange lake building, the first and last night, very convenient. 1 bedroom has kitchen and open floor plan and can still use river lake.
Is this hotel called something specifically? I’m having trouble finding this option to check rates. We are also looking to stay one night before we check in and currently have a DS hotel booked.

Is this hotel called something specifically? I’m having trouble finding this option to check rates. We are also looking to stay one night before we check in and currently have a DS hotel booked.
I recommend trying to book the same place that you have reserved for your longer stay. Look at your reservation and see which section of OL you are booked into. The choices are West Village, North Village, East Village, and River Island. Then try to book the same for your one night stay. Or like a PP mentioned, there are some nice new hotels just up the road at Flamingo Crossing, about 5 minutes from OL main entrance. Or stick with the DS hotel if you plan on going to DS that day.

I recommend trying to book the same place that you have reserved for your longer stay. Look at your reservation and see which section of OL you are booked into. The choices are West Village, North Village, East Village, and River Island. Then try to book the same for your one night stay. Or like a PP mentioned, there are some nice new hotels just up the road at Flamingo Crossing, about 5 minutes from OL main entrance. Or stick with the DS hotel if you plan on going to DS that day.
Thanks. It’s our friends timeshare and their reservation so I don’t want to mess with it. We are very happy with our DS hotel and reason for staying there, but also can understand the ease of being right in the area and trying to check in early to the timeshare the next day.

Thanks. It’s our friends timeshare and their reservation so I don’t want to mess with it. We are very happy with our DS hotel and reason for staying there, but also can understand the ease of being right in the area and trying to check in early to the timeshare the next day.
You’re welcome, you’re going to have so much fun!! Safe travels!

Galleria Palms is just off Sherbert
We will be driving down in April. Our check in at Orange Lake is Sunday but we will be arriving Saturday and need a clean, decent room for 1 night. Any suggestions?
Galleria Palms is just off Sherberth and 192, not too far from Orange Lake. It's a clean decent place with good reviews.

Last edited:
We also started arriving a day prior to check-in too. I also like the idea of getting up early and being at the resort to check-in by 10am.

My favorite place for one night used to be the Red Lion at @192/Old Lake Wilson Road. It was only 1 or 2 traffic lights before the Orange Lake entrance. So it would have been a real convenient location. It was so clean and had good quality service. I used to book it for less than $50 and it was a steal. I miss it. Unfortunately, the Red Lion relocated further up, and this old location is operating under a new name and new management. I haven't stayed there since it went under new ownership so I can not comment if the quality and service are still the same. I would be willing to try the new Red Lion though based on my previous experience. Also the new one has a lazy river that looks relaxing. Good luck!!! Come back after your trip and let us know if you kept the DS place or tried something different. Have a FABULOUS vacation!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter