Need Sedona Recommendations

Belle2667

Ah, Disney, where the magic never stops!
Hi -

Last year, on our way from the Grand Canyon to the Phoenix airport, we were detoured and ended up going through Sedona. It was beautiful, but we were short on time and had to just drive through. We were definitely miffed that our TA didn't suggest that we go there for a day or two on our western vacation.

Well, DIS people are the ones in the know (thanks for suggesting the Candy Cane Inn in Anaheim, loved it!) so I am coming to you for suggestions.

DH and I are considering going to Sedona for a 4 day weekend, just the 2 of us.

Where should we stay and where should we stay away from?

What should we not miss while we are there?

When is the best time of year to go? Why?

TIA

We went last June and it was hot! We still managed to do hiking but I would probably recommend spring time. We hiked Bell Rock, went to Slide Rock and played a lot in the river/creeks. We have 3 little boys though so it was fun outdoorsy stuff. The Pink Jeep tours are extremely popular too. We didn't get to try it since our littlest was too young but plan to our next trip.

As for places to stay, we stayed at the Best Western Arroyo Robble. It was inexpensive, clean, and had a good continental breakfast. We liked it since it was in uptown and we could walk to all the shops and restaurants too. There is a Hyatt there that looks pretty nice too.

We loved Sedona! We hope to go back in a year or two.

Amy

Hi -

When is the best time of year to go? Why?

TIA

We went in August 2007. It was (of course) pretty hot, but really not too hot for us (we are from SC, so we are used to heat and humidity!). But August is Monsoon season for Arizona, so we had more humidity and rain than we expected. I would suggest April or May for nice weather with little rain.

I've been to Sedona twice, once in the winter (January) and once in the summer (August) and both times I stayed at the Sky Ranch Lodge at Airport Mesa. The views are spectacular from this motel and the price is excellent (for Sedona). We didn't pay for the view room as it is only a short walk from any room to take in the views therefor our room was about $85 per night. It is not a luxurious place by any means, but it is very comfortable and has a small outdoor pool and lovely gardens. If you want to be within walking distance from everything, this is probably not the motel for you. But if you want great views, cozy rooms and great rates, this may be the place for you!

I recommend doing the hikes, visiting the Chapel of the Holy Cross, and eating at the Heartline Cafe!

Enjoy your trip! :flower3:

My family stayed at the Sedona Inn and Suites and it was really nice. Breakfast was included with our room and there is a pool area that was very nice to have in July!

It is not exactly "downtown" but there were a lot of nice little restaurants near by and the scenery was amazing!

I can second the Sky Ranch Lodge. The rooms were like individual cabins and the views are specactular. Very reasonable too.

Any thing all-suites? We have a teenager that needs her own bed and a growing 9 year old. We are looking for inexpensive & a pool. Thanks, Sandra

Sedona Real Inn & Suites has nice suites - we slept with 6 of us in the room and it was very spacious. All queen sized beds and breakfast was included.

The pool area was nice too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter