• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need some advice

Clare Voince

In Spiritual Repose
I currently have a trip booked for April 25-29th at the Dolphin with an Epcot view room (fireworks!). I had planned to cancel this trip and go to the Grand Canyon in October instead. Then I decided that I could do a short trip to WDW for my birthday around May 23rd in addition to the Grand Canyon trip. Unfortunately, the Swan and Dolphin have no availability for my May dates. If I stay on site, it would cost me more than my April trip would have for less time, plus there would be more crowds. But now I love the idea of being there for my birthday. I'm thinking about staying offsite at the Wyndham, since it's right next to Disney Springs, which would be super cheap in comparison. I'm having trouble deciding whether to keep my April trip at the hotel I want, or go for my birthday, but stay offsite. Any advice?

Me personally, I would keep the trip as it is... it is far enough out from your GC trip, and you have a lovely room in the price bracket you can afford and are comfortable with.
There's absolutely no reason you can't celebrate your birthday a month early... Enjoy some cake, have champagne and watch fireworks from your room!
IMHO

I think it depends on what you want to be able to do while you are there.. if you want to be able to ride as many rides as possible and see shows without being thrown around by huge crowds, then i would say april may be better for you. But if you want to experience the magic of being at disney on your birthday then i would say do that! (Being at disney on my birthday was the most magical thing i have ever done :)). Remember, you can use fast passes if you are worried about crowds too!

There are non disney hotels that are still on disney property and they are a lot cheaper than Disney resorts, depending on the time of the year.. I have stayed in one before and it was very nice! its super close to Disney Springs.

I hope all works out, and happy early birthday!

Thanks for the advice guys. I decided to keep my trip in April, since it is the easiest of the two options. You only live once, right? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter