• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need some prayer and pixie dust

Talking Hands

<font color=purple><b>|,,|/</b> DEAF DISNEY LOVER<
I was not looking forward to coming home from this last WDW trip as I had a breast biopsy scheduled. I had a great time on the trip with only a few blips. FP+ and interpreting schedules so not mesh. Bands were fine otherwise. Food was easy. Allergies taken care of well.
Got a called from my doctor today and I have cancer in my left breast. I am scared to say the least.

(((Talking Hands)))

Here are some positive vibes ~~~~~~~~~ that it was caught quickly and the treatment is gentle and effective.

I was not looking forward to coming home from this last WDW trip as I had a breast biopsy scheduled. I had a great time on the trip with only a few blips. FP+ and interpreting schedules so not mesh. Bands were fine otherwise. Food was easy. Allergies taken care of well.
Got a called from my doctor today and I have cancer in my left breast. I am scared to say the least.

My Mom is a breast cancer surviver of 24 years (diagnosed in 1989). Prayers that you've caught it early and have the same positive outcome she did.

I was dx with breast cancer when I was 34. It is a terrifying time but I can tell you that you can and will get through this.

If you want to talk to someone who has gone through the fire and come out the other side, feel free to send me a pm.

You are in my thoughts.

I was wondering how they would handle new the FP system and the interpreting schedule. In CA (where the RFID tech is 2-5 years out), if you miss a FP window and tell the CMs you were at an interpreted event, they generally are good about it and understand. Especially since on Mondays in DL park there is a 4:30, 5:40, and 6:30 interpreter schedule - there is no break in there to do anything but get from one theatre to another.

I will talk to my interpreters friends here about it - the interpreters are all one company.

I hope you have the quickest of recoveries.

:hug:

We have good friends in Thailand - mother and daughter - who are both breast cancer survivors and doing well.
Hoping for everything good for you

Lisbet - there is a breast cancer survivor thread on the community board. I would also look into www.breastcancer.org - the message boards there are wonderful.

Sending you hugs - this is the scariest part. Once you have a full diagnosis and treatment plan, it gets much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter