Need some Teen Advice

qv09vvp

Disney or Bust
Hi guys!

I need your help.

We're a family of 4. This is only my DH's 2nd trip. The kids & I went with their Dad when they were smaller (prior to Divorce)

Knowing how much I love Disney, DH (kid's stepdad) took me & the kids on our Disney "honeymoon" in 2007. It was fantastic. We had the dining plan & we introduced DH to our commando touring of the World. Lucky for us , DH adapted & soon learned to love the World.

Fast Forward 5 year, DS is graduating from High School He chooses a trip to WDW as his graduation present, so come heck or high water, I'm making this happen!

So....we won't be on the Dining plan, just the QSDP (I got a pin! )

DS will be a newly turned 18. DD is 15. Last time we were at WDW, kids were obviously much younger and although I know they love WDW, I'm worried they will get bored.

What are some of ya'lls favorite things to do at WDW? which rides appeal more to you now as teenagers? What about QS dining places ...any favorites there?

Anything that ya'll can think of to make DS18's graduation trip spectacular ...I'd love to hear it. I was thinking maybe I could squeeze in a tour or something (if its not too much).....

HELP me please! I couldn't think of anyone better to ask about teenagers than other teenagers.... :goodvibes

I would definitely do extra magic hours! it's a lot more fun being there later at night with fewer kids :) and I assume you're going sometime during the summer after graduation? so I would definitely go to the water parks :goodvibes

honestly, it all depends on what your kids love to do. ask them what they want to do. Maybe even let them help you plan what you guys do. it's a lot more fun if they're involved in what you guys are doing during the trip. :)

hope I helped!!xx

I'm about the same age as your DS (I turn 18 in August) and I've always loved Haunted Mansion and Pirates of The Caribbean.

I would also suggest Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, Test Track, Expedition Everest and Dinosaur. I've been on all of these rides, some of them multiple times. I'm also the world's biggest chicken when it comes to rides and I like all of them, except maybe Dinosaur (very loud and very dark.)

In Magic Kingdom for QS, I suggest Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. My family goes there almost every time and with the different bays, everyone can usually find exactly what they want to eat.

Hope this helps and y'all have a great time!

I'm 15 and we just took a trip to Disney. I have to say it was a lot less magical this time, but it was still lots of fun!
These are some of the rides I suggest:
Magic Kingdom:
-Space Mountain
-Splash Mountain
-Big Thunder Railroad (if it's open)
Epcot:
-Sorin'
-Test track (if it's open)
-Maybe the ride inside the globe (sory can't remember the name)
Holly Wood studios:
-Tower of terror
-Rock n' Rollar Coaster
-And apparently Toy Story Mania is suppose to be really good (and not just for kids) but we didn't go on it because there was too much of a line (if yoou do go on it I highly suggest getting fast passes for it as soon as you get into the park)
-And they might like the Star Wars ride
Animal Kingdom:
-Expedition Everest! (this is my favorite ride)
-Maybe Primeval Whirl

As far as dinning, it's hard to find non-character dinning in Disney, so we just ate at the fast service food places for lunch and sometimes dinner (depending on what we were planning on doing for the rest of the evening). This also works well if you gave fast passes, because then you don't have to worry as much about the time it takes to be served, and all that. But if you do want sit down dinning places then I seggest Planet HollyWood ( in down town Disney) or Rain Forest cafe (in down town disney, or outside of Anima Kingdom). You might also be able to find some places in the Countries at Epcot (but thats mainly the traditional food of that country). Theres also a nice restaurant, in the pavilion that Sorin' is healed in, that's pretty nice (again can't remember the name).
For this trip I also Enjoyed the shopping more, even if I didn't buy much, it was just fun to look around and see all the crazy things disney has to offer (if you're looking for something that your daughter, and maybe eve son, might like doing)
Hope this helps :thumbsup2

Thanks guys! All excellent suggestions!! I'm gonna start with your suggestions...I may be back if I have any more but ya'll are great!!!!

Suggestion are good. it was very nice that you Guys are sharing such useful info here .. This advice is really very helpful

A big help would be if you're staying in WDW, try to get one of his friends to
Come and don't smother him... I know it's family time, but with the bus system and a friend there you give him that feeling of making his own decisions. I've experienced both and I like it when I spend the day with my family then at night I have the freedom to go wherever in WDW at night. Hopes you guys have a magical time :)

I went to Disney during the summer of 2010 for my high school graduation trip- I had just turned 17 that April, so I'm sure I can relate!

I have a very cose relationship with my mom, so it didn't bother me that it was just her, my step dad, and I on the trip. I had a lot of fun, but I did get that feeling of wanting to be on my own a bit too since I was craving independence. It's just something to keep in mind! :)

As far as attractions go park by park my top faves:
Magic Kingdom-
-Splash Mountain
-Thunder Mountain
- Space Mountain
- Pirates
- Haunted Mansion
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority (amazing when tired and needing a break!!)

EPCOT-
- Mission:SPACE
- Soarin'
- Spaceship Earth (another relaxing ride!)
- Test Track

Hollywood Studios-
- The Great Movie Ride (gotta love the classics! Also great for relaxing!!)
- Tower of Terror (my personal FAVORITE)
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
- Toy Story Mania
- Star Tours

Animal Kingdom-
- It's Tough to be a Bug (Cute, entertaining, and a good place to coo down!)
- Kilimanjaro Safari
- Expedition Everest (personal second favorite!!)
- Kali River Rapids
- Dinosaur

Water Parks are definitely a good idea if you are going in the summer time! It's a great time for experiencing independence or family fun depending on your family's preferences.

As far as eating goes, I am a sucker for childhood nostalgia, so Crystal Palace breakfasts are the perfect starts to a morning in the MK meeting Pooh and his friends! Since you're doing the QSDP, there are TONS of options including the hotel's food court! My favorite food court is at POR! They have so many options, and it's just so fresh!! :love: Take a look at the different options outside of just burgers and fries because although they are delicious, they do get old after a while. :rolleyes:

It's up to your family, and what they like to do, so I would definitely get their inputs on planning. Maybe even have a day or half a day dedicated to your DD and DS each so they get to do whatever they want for that period of time! I've heard it works with younger kids, but I'm sure the same concept will work in this situation too! :confused3

I could go on and on about more attractions and shows and food that I love, but I'm sure you know what your family's tastes are anyway!

Oh, but definitely stay for Extra Magic Hours at night, and be sure to see the fireworks!! :goodvibes They are just too amazing to miss!

My TR from that trip is in my sig if you would like to take a look at some of the things we did! :)

Hi, so I'm going next week for my high school graduation (early but me and my mom don't really like the heat). I've been a couple times in the past few years and I liked moving at my own pace and hitting rides that I really wanted to do and not really having schedule or anything to follow. I hope you guys have a magical time.

Well, my favorite part of going to the parks is staying for extra magic hours. Especialy during holidays, for example, Easter week, busier parks like the Magic Kingdom can stay open to 3 am. It is fun because usually not as many crowds are out that late, and the outside rides are so creepy in the dark!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter