Need some touring advice for DM and her DS 17 months old

flynnmnstr

Mouseketeer
Just found out on Friday that we are leaving next week. DD has a last minute business trip. This will be the first time we are taking DS to WDW. I guess I am just looking for some advice.

We are flying down on Sunday night. DD will be at a conference Monday through Thursday. So DS and I will be on our own. Friday, Saturday and Sunday we will be touring together. And we fly out Monday morning. I am hoping to stay at Swan/Dolphin or somewhere in DD, but we may end up at the Airport Marriott (that's where everyone else at my DH conference is staying and they may not let us stay anywhere else). Any reccomendations?

I am bringing my own stroller. It's a Maclaren Techno and I am worried about someone "borrowing it", but its lightweight and my son sleeps well in it. Unless someone could recommend and inexpensive alternative. I am debating about bringing my own car seat. We didn't buy him a seat on the plane, but are hoping to be given one when we check in. Plus then we wouldn't have to rent one.

Aaaaahhh!! I feel like a crazy person. I usually spend months planning out Disney vacations now I have to do it in a couple of days. Help!!

We brought our own stroller,other than being moved by CM no problems. Made it easier to find our stroller since it stood out from the sea of rental strollers.

Touring with a 17 month old should be fun. Remember that except for the rollercoasters and Alien they can go on anything at MK especially Fantasy land. Unless the 17 month old obeys and stays close, keeping them near is the biggest problem. Hit the playgrounds at each park, avoid pavillions at Epcot (no strollers allowed), avoid rides with long lines, and do the Playhouse Disney Show at MGM is the best advise I can give. Our 12 month old was just as happy watching parades, fish swim as he was with the rides.

I plan on taking it easy and just enjoying the moment. Which is the complete opposite of how i used to attack WDW (pre-child). I would have everyone up and ready for breakfast by 6 am and go non stop until midnight (I did allow for an afternoon break at the hotel if needed).
Now I couldn't even imagine even getting up by 6 am never the less being ready to start my day. Although DS does not always sleep well in hotel rooms and may be up even earlier than 6 am.

Thanks again

Just something to think about....
We rented a minivan last dec. The middle row had 2 factory installed car seats. We didn't have to rent any.

I should call the rental car company and find out. Since I just got off the phone with the airline and the flight is pretty booked so I dont think there are going to be many extra seats left over.

I would recommend bringing your own stroller, it is what he is comfortable in. And at that age they are still putting thier hands in thier mouths all the time. I question how clean the rentals are, at least you know where yours has been. If you can swing it Financially, I would stay at wilderness Lodge if your primary goal is Magic kingdom, you can roll the stroller on and off the resort launch. If you want a mix the Boardwalk, Beachclub and Dolphin and Swan. Those are great easy properties to stroll in and out of Epcot and MGM. as for being on your own with the baby. I go back and forth alone with a twin stroller and 2 babies, and it is awful to close the stroller and get on a tram or bus, hold everything and everyone. last year I started a new strategy that worked great for me. Instead of walikng to the tram for the parking lot, or the bus, I walked to the cab stand all the parks have one. The driver puts the stroller in the trunk and off you go. No stress. The most I paid was 14 from AKlodge to The contempary, It is worth every cent to maintain your independance and to come and go without feeling like a pack mule. Good luck it will be fun, I have 4 kids and my little guys are by far my most pleasant travel companions....

We are staying at the Dolphin. It is my favorite area to be in. I love the fact that you can walk to MGM and Epcot.

The best news is that my mom and sister have decided to join me for the first part of the week when my husband is working. My father ended up having a business trip to Florida and they tagged along. He's dropping them off Monday night and picking them up on Friday.

We are taking our own stroller and carseat. I will now refer to my DH as a pack mule.

Thanks for all the advice. Leaving in 15 hrs..................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter