• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

need stopover campground recommendation

TAJC

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have a suggestion for a stopover campground off I 75 in the Gainesville to Ocala area? We will be leaving for our 2nd trip to the Ft. on Sunday the 20th. We will be leaving from the Atlanta area and are planning to stop at a campground a couple hours out so we only have a short drive on check-in day. Plus 6 hours riding time is about max for our DS and DD ages 5 and 6. We will be traveling in our motorhome with our dog so it must be pet friendly. I just came across this site today and love it!

Travelers CG just N or Gainesville is not bad they just have a weird parking set-up. You are parked in a straight line, but they do make sure that you will not get blocked it. Never saw anything like that before in 38 yrs of RV'ing.

Full hook-ups and IIRC GS.

Also cash or check only no CC.

http://www.travelerscampground.com click on the "overnight area".

Just wanted to say, "Welcome to the camping boards TAJC".
Hope ya'll hava good trip, :thumbsup2

Dave, that is a interesting set up they have at Travelers.

When we go in April, we're stopping off at O'Leno State Park in High Springs. It's about 2hrs 15min out just N of Gainesville. We've never been there, but it got good reviews on RVparkreviews. Have fun!

how far is Gainsville from WDW time wise? Pulling a TT and also looking to be about 2 hrs outside from WDW for check in day.

we stop at the valdosta koa witch is right on the ga fl state line and is about a 2 and a half hour drive to the fort

We drive from Michigan and also stop at the Valdosta KOA the night before heading into the Fort. We have a larger motorhome now and will be pulling a 14' enclosed trailer. I hope they can accomodate us in their pull-thru's! Our reservations are already made.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter