• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need suggestion for place @ Parks to recline & give pain pump dose

samnbilly

Loves the GF, &the Castle.All nurses go to Heaven.
Hello!
I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions for me to be able to recline (just for 5 min. every few hours) to administer my pain pump dose? It's difficult for me to admin. it sitting up due to the numbness I get in the top of my legs making it more difficult to stand or walk?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Hello!
I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions for me to be able to recline (just for 5 min. every few hours) to administer my pain pump dose? It's difficult for me to admin. it sitting up due to the numbness I get in the top of my legs making it more difficult to stand or walk?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

I would check out the first aid stations or baby care centers at each of the parks. I believe they both have places to recline in a cool air conditioned space. :thumbsup2

Thank you! I've been to the First aid station yrs ago, but never for anything like this. I wasn't sure I'd be able to do that & I just want to be prepared!

I agree first aid in each park very nice people if there is a way to get you set up they will

Each of the First Aid Stations in the parks has at least 2 rooms with exam beds. Just tell the nurse at the counter you need a place to lay down to administer your medication and they will take care of you. I used them extensively for my dialysis for our 10 day trip in July with no problems at all.

We have needed first aid just to relax a few times. They have always been great.

Each of the First Aid Stations in the parks has at least 2 rooms with exam beds. Just tell the nurse at the counter you need a place to lay down to administer your medication and they will take care of you. I used them extensively for my dialysis for our 10 day trip in July with no problems at all.

Thank you so much.
Did you ask the Nurse ahead of time if it was ok?
I just want to pre-plan a little.
I feel some relief knowing that you were able to use their services.
I wasn't sure what was ok or not.

I did not pre-coordinate with them, but could have. The staff did offer to hold my dyalsalyte fluid for me if I didn't want to drag it around the park all day. If you want to drop your pump off with them when you arrive in the morning, they will keep it safe and sound for you when you need it.

I did not pre-coordinate with them, but could have. The staff did offer to hold my dyalsalyte fluid for me if I didn't want to drag it around the park all day. If you want to drop your pump off with them when you arrive in the morning, they will keep it safe and sound for you when you need it.

Thank you!
Mine isn't very large. It's a small device that communicates with my pain pump inside my body.
I was just thinking maybe to let them know ahead? Would I call, stop by..
Oh jeez, forget that new DAS, this is more confusing to me than that!! Lol!! That..I get!

Thank you!
Mine isn't very large. It's a small device that communicates with my pain pump inside my body.
I was just thinking maybe to let them know ahead? Would I call, stop by..
Oh jeez, forget that new DAS, this is more confusing to me than that!! Lol!! That..I get!

You can call ahead if you like, but it's really first come first served, so calling ahead won't necessarily guarantee you a particular type of room at a particular time since most peoples needs are not predicable. That said, if all you need is a private place to lay down for a bit, there shouldn't be a problem getting that just about any time.

You show up and tell them what you need, and they can usually find a way to accomodate you. They have a variety of rooms, some exam room type with a sink, some just a room or screened off alcove with a couple of cots. When I travel with my friend, she sometimes just needs a dark quiet place to lay down for a half hour until her migraine meds kick in, and they have never had a problem accomodating her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter