Need suggestions for arrival day

Catira

DIS Veteran
I am planning our girls only bday trip for late October. I am meeting up next weekend with travel group and need to have our trip more or less planned out. This way I know what ADRs to make at the 180 day mark.

We leave Sat. 10/22 from Austin at 7am and arrive Orlando at 12:20 p.m. This means we need to wake up at 4:30 am and leave house at 5:15 am to arrive at airport before 6am. As of today we plan on renting a car for our week there.

My plan on arrival is to go to OKW and hope our room is ready. If room is ready, head over to Downtown Disney and have a late lunch there. Now, head out to Walmart and buy a few groceries/snacks. I think we should be back at resort by 6pm?

Since we have 7 day park hoppers, I am trying to decide what park to go to that night. Maybe see Illuminations at 10pm? I don't want to do Wishes that day since I am hoping to do the "Wishes Dessert Party" if it is still available on another night.

What do you all suggest? DH thinks I might be planning too much for the 1st night since we have to get up early at 4:30 a.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter