• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need suggestions for party favor

Nina1

Disney Lover
Hi...A women's group I belong to has a spring card party every year. Each table (actually 2 8-ft. tables) has a chairlady, whose responsibility is to decorate, provide a favor, appetizers and cocktails for each person and basically act as host for the evening for her table. I am a chairlady this year. I need some help finishing up my favors. So far I have tea, honey sticks and a homemade cookie mix in a jar for each favor. I want to add something else, but I am drawing a blank. I don't want to spend a fortune, as I have to make 17 favors, but I want the favors to be nice. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Looks like you are starting down the road to a tea party favor. I'd consider a cookie cutter, a spatula, a pretty tea cup, maybe something printed up with ways to relax... while drinking tea- on a recipe card, cut with decorative sissors, or recipes for more cookies. Maybe this will spark some ideas from others?

Editing to add: what about some pretty celephane bags of chocolate candy.. or hard candy.. or pastel mints?

how about adding a pack of tissues? tea and sympathy :rotfl2:

just joking. mug/teacup (although may be pricey for $17), fancy/flavored sugars, maybe find an online tea inspired recipe for DIY spa treatments to include, or just a few nice mints/ candies would be nice.

LOl, it sounds like we all had the same idea with a tea cup (and you can find some pretty ones at Marshalls for about $1.99-4.00 each. Another idea? Little clay or moss pots, filled with grass (now that it's easter Walmart has brown/green Easter grass) and add your goodies~ a flower, a bag filled with treats, anything really, just whatever you want to fill it up...looks cute on a table!

How are you presenting these favors? Separately or in a basket? You could find inexpensive, cute small baskets for presentation of the favors. Line with easter egg paper/rafia grass. Or you could line with a pretty cloth napkin or kitchen towel.

Other suggestions? How about a pretty potholder? If you get some flower tubes (green tubes you fill with water)... you can put a fresh flower in each for another favor. Or a small potted plant (could be a fresh herb, or a flower.)

Have fun... sounds like you have already done a beautiful job! ::yes::

How about a package of cocktail napkins to go with it. They have such pretty spring ones that wouldn't be too expensive.

OK...this is a little time consuming depending on the quantity (I made 350) you need but once you get the flow of things its a great idea...I did the following for a bridal show giveaway and they were a HUGE hit! :love:

You will need:
- small clear glass votive candle holders with the candle already poured in (I purchase them in packs of 12 at the local dollar store).
- scrapbook paper (can be inexpensive from your local craft store)
- glue gun & glue
- scissors (I use the ones that cut fancy edges)
- small piece of thin cardboard (to use as a template)

Measure & cut a template to the size you need to go around the candle (leaving a bit of the candle above and below and also allowing paper to overlap a small bit).
Trace the template on the backside of the scrapbook paper (repeatedly) and cut out.
Using the glue gun secure one end of the paper (design side facing out) onto the votive with a small amount of glue (sparingly).
Wrap the paper and run a small amount of glue at the opposing end and affix.

As an extra special touch...I usually cut pieces of ribbon (long enough to go around votive and a little extra). Tie ribbon in a pretty knot and affix knot with hot glue to the front of votive (opposite paper seam) and then glue ends down at the seam side of votive. But you can do all sorts of pretty things...lace, rhinestones, glitter...be creative!

You now have custom made votive candles!

I hope this helps!:)

Thank you, everyone! What great ideas! I will let you know what I decide! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter